European Spruce #45

AZbonsai

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Wow that is amazing work. Very beautiful. Leaves me wondering how it survives in such a shallow pot.

cmeg1

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Wow,great to see such a transformation.I really like the 3rd image going up.Looks to have a natural sunlight.And really brings out the mountain ruggedness.

Tieball

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Well done! A very shallow rootball. Was the rootball slowly reduced over the years between collection in 2007 and the potted tree years later that I see now? Or did the tree go right from collection with a root prune to bonsai pot?

Walter Pall

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Well done! A very shallow rootball. Was the rootball slowly reduced over the years between collection in 2007 and the potted tree years later that I see now? Or did the tree go right from collection with a root prune to bonsai pot?

The tree was collected wiih a loose rootball which could be put flat into a shallow pot right away without cutting off a single root.

misfit11

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Nice Walter. How was the deadwood able to be bent? Was is it somehow soaked with water to soften the wood?

Walter Pall

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Nice Walter. How was the deadwood able to be bent? Was is it somehow soaked with water to soften the wood?

I jsus attached the thick copper wire and pulled hard. The wood was wet after a week of rain. It will not stay in the now form if I do nothing else. I have to apply the torch and burn it and it will stay. Have to be careful to not kill some live part.

Top Bottom