7a
Looking awesome Walter!
And almost as old as you. ;):p

Walter Pall

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Hello @Walter Pall, could you explain us why you chose this front ?

View attachment 257519

instead of this one ?

View attachment 257520

thanks !

The first one is slightly better in my eyes because one can clearly see the multiple tops. On the second one they are not well defined. The first photographs could be improved by putting a pebble under the slab on the right side. Then the tree wold look more dynamic leaning more to the left. The lean is counterbalanced by the stone which is very long on the left side.

clem

Chumono
Reaction score
Thanks for answering ;)
i like the nebari and the conicity of the trunk base of the second pic, that's why i asked this question

Fishtank307

Shohin
Reaction score
Walter, what would be the best time for collecting spruce?
I've read (a.o. on your blog, i think) that you should (can?) collect them in late summer/fall, because they produce alot of roots that time of year. What about aftercare? Should they stay in a greenhouse after collection?

Lovely tree by the way! Great combination with that collected rock.

Walter Pall

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Collecting time for spruce is identical to repotting time. Can be done in alte spring (NOT early sporing) or late summer. late summer is clealyl the best time: Right now in my area one should collect them.

Tycoss

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
This clearly looks like a “real towering spruce to me, and I have seen a lot, rather than an idealized pine. I like how it has multiple fronts which are almost equally impressive. Well done.

Shogun610

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
European Spruce #71 - this was the last of a couple thousand trees that I ever collected. I found it at the timber line of my beloved Tirolean mountains in the summer or 2011

View attachment 510361View attachment 510362
Love this progression… we do not need to wire every spruce tip into position thank you for showing that

Walter Pall

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Love this progression… we do not need to wire every spruce tip into position thank you for showing that
You goit it wrong: with the naturalistic bosnai stryle we have to wire everything once or even more often in the beginning. Thi is not bout savinfg work. In the end it loioks like nature did it. That is VERY hard to get right. If you want the easy way just continue orthodox bonsai styliung. You just follow the ruels and get a reasonable result, however sterrotype..

Top Bottom