Evergreen Azalea Basics, including Satsuki Version 1.01

No permission to download

Deep Sea Diver

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Deep Sea Diver submitted a new resource:

Satsuki Azalea Basics - Provides a good started knowledge base for those wanting to learn about Satsuki

Greetings Satsuki lovers!

This article provides a solid background on Satsuki azaleas
. The content is from, and credited to, the Italian Satsuki Bonsai Website and is named "Satsuki Tutorial". This is not a tutorial per se, but an article that provides a really good basis with which to learn about Satsukis (https://satsukibonsai.com/tutorial/)

So why post a website article about Satsuki? First, I can't read Italian and figure some of the...

Read more about this resource...

Deep Sea Diver

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Deep Sea Diver updated Evergreen Azalea Basics, including Satsuki with a new update entry:

Evergreen Azalea Bonsai, including Satsuki v1.01

Hi Nuts!

This in an update to the original Satsuki azalea tutorial, renamed Evergreen Azalea Bonsai to better reflect the intent and eventual content of this document. The intent is to get a cohesive body of azalea knowledge pertaining to azalea bonsai practices, especially horticulture, essentially under one roof using an open development concept. The original base document posted version 1 will be reviewed, overhauled and expanded to reflect this goal.

This is a minor update, it...

Read the rest of this update entry...

KiwiPlantGuy

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
Hi,
Great effort in reproducing this resource and thank you for putting this together. As a lot of good Satsuki books are out of print this is a valuable resource 👍👍😁.
Charles

Deep Sea Diver

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Hi,
Great effort in reproducing this resource and thank you for putting this together. As a lot of good Satsuki books are out of print this is a valuable resource 👍👍😁.
Charles
Thank you. We are working a preliminary revision, hopefully posted in a month or so. It will have a lot of sections that are "To be developed" waiting on time to write and also hands on information and photos from other practitioners. Hopefully those will be fairly easy to get from folks on this site. Cheers DSD sends

stylist

Seed
Reaction score
Hi! The article looks really good! Is there an English translation?

stylist

Seed
Reaction score
Hi! The article looks really good! Is there an English translation?

I missed how you mentioned google translate. Chrome was able to translate the entire page for me. *phew* sorry!

Deep Sea Diver

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I missed how you mentioned google translate. Chrome was able to translate the entire page for me. *phew* sorry!
Uh oh... That’s the old Italian site version you are working with! Please go to the top of this thread and hit the orange download arrow for an English updated edited version. We are presently working on a complete overhaul.
Cheers
DSD sends
Cheers

stylist

Seed
Reaction score
Uh oh... That’s the old Italian site version you are working with! Please go to the top of this thread and hit the orange download arrow for an English updated edited version. We are presently working on a complete overhaul.
Cheers
DSD sends
Cheers
WOW. Sorry I'm a newbie to Bonsai and Bonsainut. Thank you so much!

Claudinei

Seedling
Reaction score
Hi, friends
I have a problem, have some slugs on the place where I have my azaleas, is that bad for azaleas ? I’m afraid if then destroy my satsukis.
(For ask a question here on forum, I can write just in comment like that? I do not know how to write a new question) sorry,

Many thanks for help.

Deep Sea Diver

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Hi @Claudinei

Normally slugs are not a major issue for azaleas, except, perhaps when the azaleas are really young. However it wouldn't hurt to hand remove the slugs, or if there are lots, to use an approved slug bait.

At this time of year slug activity is slow, so check out your azaleas to see if there are small signs of damage. If there are, go for the slug bait, but bait around the whole area, not just at the pots. Otherwise, the bait will draw in slugs from the whole area to your pots.

If you do choose to use a slug bait, apply every two weeks for a full month (3x). This will kill off the slugs that hatch from the eggs. I usually do this in the early springtime and again before summer starts because we have lots of tender perennials growing then and our local area has lots of slugs!

If you would like to “Post a Thread” on a specific question or topic, go to the Home page and select the second topic on the darker green horizontal menu bar named “Forums”.
  • Once there, on the right you will see an orange “Post Thread” button.
  • Chose this topic, then choose the Forum that best applies.
  • Then fill out the Thread title, the post Itself and add appropriate tags.
Cheers
DSD sends

Claudinei

Seedling
Reaction score
Hi @Claudinei

Normally slugs are not a major issue for azaleas, except, perhaps when the azaleas are really young. However it wouldn't hurt to hand remove the slugs, or if there are lots, to use an approved slug bait.

At this time of year slug activity is slow, so check out your azaleas to see if there are small signs of damage. If there are, go for the slug bait, but bait around the whole area, not just at the pots. Otherwise, the bait will draw in slugs from the whole area to your pots.

If you do choose to use a slug bait, apply every two weeks for a full month (3x). This will kill off the slugs that hatch from the eggs. I usually do this in the early springtime and again before summer starts because we have lots of tender perennials growing then and our local area has lots of slugs!

If you would like to “Post a Thread” on a specific question or topic, go to the Home page and select the second topic on the darker green horizontal menu bar named “Forums”.
  • Once there, on the right you will see an orange “Post Thread” button.
  • Chose this topic, then choose the Forum that best applies.
  • Then fill out the Thread title, the post Itself and add appropriate tags.
Cheers
DSD sends
Ohh thanks very much for you answer, you help me a lot. Thanks thanks 😊

Top Bottom