Evergreen Gardens...Brent has amazing customer service

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I am amazed at how quickly he responds to emails. I had asked about a species...and yes, he had them. So I place an order, tossing on a chojubai. He did state the white chojubai were small. I asked if it would be fisable to order more for a substantial clump beginning. Email reply in a more than adiquate time frame...and he edited my second order and placed all on one to save on shipping. And sent me a revised bill. It's EASTER WEEKEND. I never expected him to deal with any of this...at this time. But to reply back sometime next week. Very impressed...at how quickly of response time for answering questions and taking care of things. We corresponded for a few days.My asking questions...really nice guy.

He has Paul's Scarlett Hawthorn available...it's a species I have wanted a long time. Young material...but...I can't find it so ...I am thrilled to have it on order for shipping in June.

JefeW

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I second this. I received some beautiful trees from him. Well packed, very healthy. All things considered a great deal.

BrianBay9

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
He's in Kelseyville, CA - a bit north of Santa Rosa, East of Mendicino.

TyroTinker

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I’ve heard great things about Brent and his trees. It’s all thanks to posts like this one. As soon as I have more expendable income I plan on buying a few trees from him. I’m really interested in this rough bark trident maple that they have! But they are always out of stock

Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I got several starts from him when i first started, great service.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
I got two crabapples last year and two this year. I was very happy with them. The shipping was fast and they arrived in perfect condition, and very reasonably priced. Highly recommend.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
A few of my purchases from Brent...and more on the way. He’s a good guy and the material always exceeds expectations.
Crab, J beech, Shimpaku, Ume:
View attachment 250246View attachment 250247View attachment 250248View attachment 250249

Chojubai, Itoigawa, Shimpaku, Corkbark JBP:
View attachment 250250View attachment 250251View attachment 250252View attachment 250253
That’s a nice purchase. Couple thousand dollars I’m guessing...

TyroTinker

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I just started emailing back and forth with Brent now. He is going to help me get a couple starter trees that I’m interested in. I mentioned bonsainut and he said he has a lot of his customers come from here and most of business is repeat traffic.

This, I honestly think, is from posts like these because I first heard from him here (before I even joined I believe) it’s good to see good people helping good people like this.

Kanorin

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Received two malus: 'Snowdrift' and 'Indian magic' and a 'corticosa' chinese elm from Brent last week. Trunks had some movement and caliper was at or exceeded what was advertised. He shipped them out to me amidst a pandemic and surrounded by two different fires (~15-20 miles away).

I also appreciated his candor when I asked for his opinions by email - he told me a few species/varieties I was interested in were crap for bonsai 😆
Definitely recommend doing business with him if you're thinking about it!

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
I bought a couple more crabapples from him last spring and they’re on their 2nd year in the ground. 4” pots to about 10’ tall in under 2 years. I’m growing them out to be larger trees and 3 more years in the ground could make them almost unmanageable!
2C759562-4303-4FBD-8AB1-9362CD613BE6.jpegD8036446-1DDF-4B7D-85B5-07DB85929144.jpeg

Ohmy222

Shohin
Reaction score
He should be in the American bonsai hall of fame to me. I still have many trees from him and have learned so much from him. When I started I had lots of questions and he always answered.

Ohmy222

Shohin
Reaction score
I bought a couple more crabapples from him last spring and they’re on their 2nd year in the ground. 4” pots to about 10’ tall in under 2 years. I’m growing them out to be larger trees and 3 more years in the ground could make them almost unmanageable!
View attachment 326191View attachment 326192

It is shocking how quick crabs grow. Not easy to get taper in them though. I have a few I got from him 2 years ago I am growing out. I had one a few years back that died I had on a tile and it did put out a pretty big nebari but no matter what taper is more challenging with them.

Mycin

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
He should be in the American bonsai hall of fame to me. I still have many trees from him and have learned so much from him. When I started I had lots of questions and he always answered.

Agreed. The articles on his website are a tremendous resource.

I always marvel at how many rare and uncommon cultivars they're able to offer--pruned for pre-bonsai, no less. Must be a ton of work. I think it attests to the passion that they must have for bonsai and trees in general.

Moridin

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Superb trees and great service. Only 3 days to ship but considering I'm in the Norcal area I figured it would be quick.

Attachments

• thumbnail_20210218_113836.jpg
    thumbnail_20210218_113836.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 111
Top Bottom