Evergreen Gardenworks: Then & Now thread

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
Combining a few topics: vendor experiences, then & now, and a touch of Christmas shopping season.
Post a pair of photos, as received from Evergreen Gardenworks, and how it looks now.

Zuisho JWP. Photos from 2006, and before I pruned it for the first time in 2016:
IMG_7635.JPG IMG_7151.JPG
Corkbark JBP 'Hachi Gen', cutting grown. Photos from 2007 and 2016:
IMG_3496.JPG IMG_7111.JPG
Shimpaku juniper, 2014 and 2016:
IMG_7639.JPG IMG_7529.JPG

Incidentally, @Brent has recently listed a bunch of new pre-bonsai stock on his site. It is more expensive than the box store stuff, but totally worth it. For the money, you get more attention to nebari, low chops for better trunk movement, superior branch placement, and tried & true cultivars. Let's see yours!

Reaction score
USDA Zone
Here is the then and now on the Shimpaku that Brian got from Evergreen and I got from Brian. I can't take any credit at all on this. I got it from Brian in 2015 and let it grow all of 2016 to make sure it is ok in its new home. It is a little too happy and "bush like" for my taste right now but that can change. I really like this one. Thanks Brian! Here is a pic that I took late Sept. 2016, it's not a great close up angle but this tree is in storage now. Also I really like that cascade that you worked on with Bjorn!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    202.2 KB · Views: 170
  • image.png
    image.png
    374 KB · Views: 206
Top Bottom