evergreen gardenworks

Rid

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
IMG_2740-2.jpgHello, I wanted to share a picture of some plants I received from brent at evergreen gardenworks. I was really excited to receive these, as they were trees I couldn't find in a nursery, and I love how they already have character and branching.
If there are any other beginners looking for some inexpensive test subjects, id recommend evergreen gardenworks (I heard about them here first, of course!).

Btw, these were 4" pots when I received them, I put them into the 3 qt pots in the picture.

Ridley

Last edited:

Rid

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Whoops, fixed it. Thanks!

edprocoat

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
View attachment 65338Hello, I wanted to share a picture of some plants I received from brent at evergreen gardenworks. I was really excited to receive these, as they were trees I couldn't find in a nursery, and I love how they already have character and branching.
If there are any other beginners looking for some inexpensive test subjects, id recommend evergreen gardenworks (I heard about them here first, of course!).

Btw, these were 4" pots when I received them, I put them into the 3 qt pots in the picture.

Ridley

BTW, one more fix is needed! Tell us what the plants are, maybe Tridents ? Its haard to tell as they have no laves and are extremely small saplings.

ed

Stan Kengai

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Brent absolutely has the most extraordinary selection for bonsai, and he grows some superb material.

Nybonsai12

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Brent is a good guy and he has quality stuff some of which is pretty hard to find. Good mix of mume and chaenomeles. I try to order some material from him before the start of every season to grow out for future use.

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
And those elm stumps can't forget those.

Rid

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
BTW, one more fix is needed! Tell us what the plants are, maybe Tridents ? Its haard to tell as they have no laves and are extremely small saplings.

ed
From left to right

Crabapple - ginkgo - trident maple - beech

If I want the ginkgo to have a straight trunk, would spring be the best time to wire it?

Alain

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Actually for me it's the opposite: I found this forum reading Brent's articles ;)

His website's articles are like a Bible to me and I plan to buy some plants from him as soon as I have the $$$$$

qwade

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
If I want the ginkgo to have a straight trunk, would spring be the best time to wire it?

You can wire now, while dormant, or anytime up until the spring. To obtain a straight trunk you could also use a stake next to the trunk and attach where necessary. I usually use wire for bending the trunk.

I never used evergreen but have other sources for band pots/seedlings. Will check them out.

Good luck with your trees!

Ming dynasty

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7B
Brent

Yes the plants are great but the treasure is Brent's knowledge. I recommend all newbies read everything there multiple times.

https://www.evergreengardenworks.com/articles.htm
Just spent the entire work day reading his catalogs on stuff I’m slightly familiar with. Nice to have someone record their experience and knowledge in such an organize format.

Top Bottom