Evergreen Gardenworks

markyscott

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
I just read a post on Facebook stating that Brent’s nursery is threatened by fire and, he is at very high risk of losing it. The post went on to say that he is in a mandatory evacuation zone, with the fire very near. But he has decided not to leave, preferring to stay and keep his watering system on in hopes of saving the trees.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/785102841595415/permalink/1525172034255155/

Does anyone know if this is true?

Scott

miker

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Oh my God, I hope this is not true. My thoughts are with him, his family and his nursery. Stay safe Brent.

markyscott

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
I think Brent’s place is just south of Kelseyville. That looks awfully close to the River Fire.

zelk

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
F$&!?! Hope everything turns out ok for him!!

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Fingers crossed for Brent and his family. That's too close for comfort.

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
The River fire is pretty close to him. They are South of Kelseyville by 5-6 miles, and at elevation. Fires were close to them last October too, and they were ok. Let’s hope for the best. Looks like he has listed some new elms on his site too.

Reactions: Vin

butlern

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Yeah, it's very close and expanded significantly since I checked on this 3 days ago.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-08-01 at 6.41.46 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-08-01 at 6.41.46 AM.png
    75.9 KB · Views: 51

GGB

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Best wishes brother!

namnhi

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
We have hurricane and flood to deal with here but fire is much worst. Pray to gods that he and his place will be safe!

MrWunderful

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
Yes its true. I had emailed him because I was going to be in the area and wanted to stop by, And he told me how close it was. I hope everything is OK.

MACH5

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Thoughts are with Brent today as he tries to save his home and livelihood. Such a sad situation, I hope he doesn’t put himself at risk in doing so.

Scott I hope so too. I fear he may be one of those guys that would rather go down with the entire ship than leave it. I pray he doesn't!! Terrible situation.

Brent

Mame
Reaction score
Folks

We are ok. Cal Fire got a handle on the River Fire southern end yesterday afternoon. The evacuation was lifted last night. We are out of danger. It stopped at the point the map above shows, a couple of miles from us. We were right in the path until the wind shifted. Thanks for everyone's concern. We really appreciate it!

Thanks!

Brent
EvergreenGardenworks.com

River's Edge

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Thoughts are with Brent today as he tries to save his home and livelihood. Such a sad situation, I hope he doesn’t put himself at risk in doing so.
As of 8 am the crews have made some progress 38% contained. Over 2,000 firefighters working in the area and others joining in today. Map shows the line is still further north then Evergreen. Evacuation orders still in place and roads closed in the area slightly west of Kelseyville. Crews and equipment working non-stop where possible.
Thoughts and prayers with everyone affected.
Posted at same time as above. Great to hear Brent.

Top Bottom