Evergreen Gardenworks

markyscott

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
As of 8 am the crews have made some progress 38% contained. Over 2,000 firefighters working in the area and others joining in today. Map shows the line is still further north then Evergreen. Evacuation orders still in place and roads closed in the area slightly west of Kelseyville. Crews and equipment working non-stop where possible.
Thoughts and prayers with everyone affected.
Posted at same time as above. Great to hear Brent.

Wonderful to hear, Frank. Heart goes out to everyone in the area whose homes are threatened. Terrible fire.

S

MACH5

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Folks

We are ok. Cal Fire got a handle on the River Fire southern end yesterday afternoon. The evacuation was lifted last night. We are out of danger. It stopped at the point the map above shows, a couple of miles from us. We were right in the path until the wind shifted. Thanks for everyone's concern. We really appreciate it!

Thanks!

Brent
EvergreenGardenworks.com

Thank God Brent! We continue to pray for the safety of you and wife (and trees of course!). Thanks for updating us here. Those firefighters are true heroes.

coh

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Folks

We are ok. Cal Fire got a handle on the River Fire southern end yesterday afternoon. The evacuation was lifted last night. We are out of danger. It stopped at the point the map above shows, a couple of miles from us. We were right in the path until the wind shifted. Thanks for everyone's concern. We really appreciate it!

Thanks!

Brent
EvergreenGardenworks.com
Best news of the day by far! Really had me worried last night.

Got any new specimen trees on the way?

Chris

markyscott

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Folks

Thanks!

Brent
EvergreenGardenworks.com

Thanks for letting us know, Brent. We’re happy and relieved for you and our thoughts and prayers go out to others who are still in harms way.

S

Cable

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Folks

Thanks!

Brent
EvergreenGardenworks.com

like.jpg

Glad to hear you're ok!

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Folks

Thanks!

Brent
EvergreenGardenworks.com
Outstanding news! Praying for everyone north of that fireline though.

Vin

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
The River fire is pretty close to him. They are South of Kelseyville by 5-6 miles, and at elevation. Fires were close to them last October too, and they were ok. Let’s hope for the best. Looks like he has listed some new elms on his site too.
Those are some damn nice Elms. They certainly would make for some outstanding starter material for someone that would rather buy one good pre-bonsai instead of 20 box store landscape shrubs.

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
Thoughts are with Brent today as he tries to save his home and livelihood. Such a sad situation, I hope he doesn’t put himself at risk in doing so.
Me too. I used to go tree collecting back in the 60's in that area and thinking of it burning is tragic in my mind. I can understand his staying but you get to a point considering the roads, or the lack of them, being an issue you could be putting your back to a wall playing DonQuixote to a wild fire foe. I pray for his saftey and success.

CasAH

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Brent glad you are safe, hoping the other people in the area are safe.

Property can be replaced, people not so much.

Fire is a cruel mistress.

Shima

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
11A
Folks

Thanks!

Brent
EvergreenGardenworks.com
Good news! I've been secretly "following" you folks since my first visit to the nursery in Ukiah long ago. My brother in Upper Lake evacuated 2 days ago. It's touch and go.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Good news! I've been secretly "following" you folks since my first visit to the nursery in Ukiah long ago. My brother in Upper Lake evacuated 2 days ago. It's touch and go.
Wishing the best for your brother, at least he got out safely.

Japonicus

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
@Brent Best news I've heard on BN!
...and the fire season hasn't began officially they said when the Carr fire broke out.
Hopefully enough has burned that a fire break will keep you safe should the winds shift back.

milehigh_7

Mister 500,000
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hot
Folks

Thanks!

Brent
EvergreenGardenworks.com

Thank God, @Brent ! You and yours are loved!

fredtruck

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I'm really glad to hear he's ok. What a horrible situation, now averted. All the Best, Brent!

cmeg1

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I wonder if their is internet issues out there.I made an order about 4 days ago and even followed up and still no reply.Hope everything is ok @Brent

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
I wonder if their is internet issues out there.I made an order about 4 days ago and even followed up and still no reply.Hope everything is ok @Brent
He ships orders received through Friday on the following Monday. Considering the recent events he might have other priorities right now...most important is that he and Susie are ok. Patience, along with eager anticipation. That’s Bonsai.

Top Bottom