@Everyone

ConorDash

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Ok here's one! I rarely make suggestions but I actually think this might be helpful or useful + its a nice positive thing for people.

In the same vein as @sorce or @ConorDash (I can mention myself, cool, didn't know, I can continue talking to myself in a more official fashion now), what about an @Everyone that applies to "all those who have posted in the selected topic".

Sometimes you ask a question, get a number of people answer and I like to thank people. Sure you can: "Thanks @Bill @Ben @flowerpot" but if it were possible to implement, it would be a nice thing to be able to say "Thanks @Everyone who posted their advice".
Notification works in the same way as normal mentions.

Thoughts?

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Interesting idea, but @Everyone could mean 19,000 site members. :)

Generally speaking, even providing the same feedback to @Everyone who posted in a thread would be painting things with too broad of a brush, in my opinion. The "@" member tag sends a specific notification message to people that is different from the "like / smile / laugh" reaction tag. If I get a "@" notification, it usually means someone wants to specifically draw my attention to something, rather than just "like" it. Not sure it would be a appropriate to send that notification to everyone who posted in a thread... just because they posted :)

hinmo24t

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
also, on 4runner.org forums, they have like button, and thanks button, but they are redundant in practice

Clicio

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
11a
I guess the "like" button acts as a "thank you" most of the time. Here in Bnuts we have "like", other fora have a "thanks" button, but essentially the message is the same, in my humble opinion.

ConorDash

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Fair enough yes, and you are right, In my theory I thought of the @everyone working like the "like" does, which is of course NOT how the mention works.. So you are right @Bonsai Nut .

Yep yep, fair enough, case closed!

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I think this thread can serve as @everyone's understanding of how thankful you are.

Of course, this (thankfulness)is directly reflective of how much better you are able to put the advice to use, I've said before how well you do it.

All the advice in the world is nothing without that sincere thanks.

Cheers!

Sorce

Top Bottom