evolution beberis shohin 2008-2015

RJG2

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
When do you prune for ramification? Do you ever prune shoots when they are still soft, or do you let them fully extend and harden?

I just got one to start working on.

Reaction score
When do you prune for ramification? Do you ever prune shoots when they are still soft, or do you let them fully extend and harden?

I just got one to start working on.
They grow slow once they are in small pots. Some buds produce just a cluster of leaves, others produce shoots. Depending on what you want you can select growth, prune back and reduce leaves. Difficulty is to predict where the new shoots will appear. Mine lost his top, the rear bench of the car fell back while driving to a workshop.

RJG2

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Mine lost his top, the rear bench of the car fell back while driving to a workshop.
:(

Mine is a shohin as well, I got it specifically to put it in the pot you see (thought the colors would compliment).

With some flowers:

PXL_20230303_174914924.jpg

After minor cutbacks of some heavy branches and a couple wires. Definitely going to be a learning curve:

PXL_20230325_193839298~2.jpg

I'm guessing I'm going to want to replace all the larger branches, but I did repot, so didn't want to do too much yet.

I kept the cuttings from the larger branches and they are already rooting, so maybe I'll have a couple mame too :)

Top Bottom