Experience with collecting Amur Honeysuckle

Warpig

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Does anyone have any experience collecting a Amur honeysuckle? The two main questions i have are. How picky are they about having their roots lost for collecting, and how much foliage should i try to keep intact to help it get through the first year?

Theres a huge open overgrown field next to where i work they own for future expansion and the tree line sits on a steep hill that leads down to a railyard. Theres so.e re good ones back there and work gave me permission to take whatever i want. Not doing anything till atleast next spring but figured I'll start doing my homework now.

If i can get time to get back out there soon I'll make sure to grab some pics.

Tycoss

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I have only dug a couple of lonicera (honeysuckle). Both have dealt with root work and foliage removal without many issues. I only have one now, but really like it. They seem to be very easy to keep happy. I removed most of the foliage, but kept a lot of roots on collection. It has recovered well from a 75% root reduction at repotting though.

Warpig

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Figures it would be storming out. Guess I'll have to wait to get back there for pictures

Top Bottom