Exposed Root Bougainvillea

Leo in N E Illinois

The Professor
Reaction score
on the IL-WI border, a mile from ''da Lake''
USDA Zone
5b
@SockUnicorn
Lovely, I really like the soft colors of the bracts. After this blooming is finished, if it were mine, I would continue to allow the largest diameter trunk to get taller. I would prune the smaller diameter branches coming from near the base, prune them shorter. Ideally I would aim towards the other branches being about 2/3 rds the height of the branches from the largest diameter trunk. I watched your very well done video several times, and think that this would give you a better "tree" image. You don't need to do it all at once. But I think it's a good goal for the future.

SockUnicorn

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
@SockUnicorn
Lovely, I really like the soft colors of the bracts. After this blooming is finished, if it were mine, I would continue to allow the largest diameter trunk to get taller. I would prune the smaller diameter branches coming from near the base, prune them shorter. Ideally I would aim towards the other branches being about 2/3 rds the height of the branches from the largest diameter trunk. I watched your very well done video several times, and think that this would give you a better "tree" image. You don't need to do it all at once. But I think it's a good goal for the future.

Thank you for this feedback. I'm takin it slow and enjoying the view ?.

Top Bottom