Fabian aralia stump

Eckhoffw

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
4b
Impulse purchase- I’m no stranger to them.
Polyscias scutellaria at Home Depot.
ran me 16$ Caught my eye.
D6D19F9D-0C09-4D96-A217-C1194860BEC8.jpeg
say what!!! Not a lot of root!EAC42E70-01B0-4D57-8F09-E0AF1FCE9929.jpeg
Potted up. DD9B45FB-B116-486B-9DD1-6E1823DEB24F.jpeg
pruned.
A196417A-BCD2-4E2A-AA4B-496B36C7959B.jpeg
fun and inexpensive. But will it live? 😁

Eckhoffw

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
4b
Anyone else Have experience with these?They must trunk up very fast as I can’t imagine very old trees would be sold as a cheap novelty item.

lehigh4me

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
No experience with Fabian Aralia here either, but I just bought one also. So hope someone knows what to do. lol.
Nice tree!

GroovyGreg

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Z-6
Just bought a dead-looking one at CVS for $1.00 to see if I can revive it! 😆 Lady said to go pick another but the others looked too healthy 🤭. …interesting trunks on these

Eckhoffw

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
4b
Just bought a dead-looking one at CVS for $1.00 to see if I can revive it! 😆 Lady said to go pick another but the others looked too healthy 🤭. …interesting trunks on these
Hope you can!
Both my Fabian aralia, and Ming aralia, called it quits. They are advertised as ‘easy to care for’ indoor tropical plants.
I didn’t find that to be the case. I think it’s key to really give them steady temps around 70 F.
Don’t over water, but some humidity is good.

We know that there really is no such thing as indoor plants. I kept mine outside when temps were warm enough, but our summers in Minnesota can vary to much from cool to really hot days. Not consistent enough.
It may of actually done better left inside. 🤣
Good luck!

BonScience

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Any update on these? I just saw one in the indoor greenhouse at my home depot and it grabbed my attention too. I read they typically don't have a lot of roots to begin with

lehigh4me

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I have a few of these, If you get one just make sure you don't let the roots dry out for to long as they die pretty easy then the whole plant will go mushy when you water it. They like a free draining soil mix also.

MSGhero

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I agree with the consistent lower temps. My ming had new dead leaves a few times per week around 80 F, but then it did well once it started cooling down. Now I think it’s too cool or inconsistently so…

Top Bottom