Facebook Bonsai Auctions - how many really know bonsai?

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
I have been looking for a Bougainvillea for awhile. I can't find them local. So I looked on the Facebook auction. I found a small one for 45. I checked wigerts and found one in a 7 inch pot for 25. I dont think I will be using the auction that much.
You will be pleased. The $25 ones are nice, I have several.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Have a damn Auction!

I'm up to #40 I think. All successful here.

Had one bad experience as a buyer (broke pot that wasn't broke during shipping) and one as a seller, couldn't get in touch with the buyer, on FB.

No problems here.

@vancehanna and @HorseloverFat seem to have had successful auctions here too. Don't remember if any @penumbra sales were auctions but they could've been.

As we continue to scare away the weak from here, they will run there and assist it's decline. Now that @Smoke is back, the acceleration should be noticable!

Going once, going twice.....

Peace bitches, go get your pats on the back to go with your misinformation!

Funny the only difference is here, your mallsai has potential as Bonsai.
There, your mallsai has potential as a mallsai!

Sorce

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
It appears that I can pull together a classifieds / marketplace solution pretty easily (including feedback on sellers and buyers). But an auction set-up is more complicated. I don't know that one exists for xenforo, and I'd prefer to not use an external solution for a number of reasons...

Nybonsai12

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
It’s tough to sell here, Not to be Debbie downer but the audience here is small, often just as uninformed as the 99 cent page folks and y’all are often cheap as hell lol.

nuttiest

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
You will be pleased. The $25 ones are nice, I have several.
Exactly. $25 prebonsai for sale all over available to everyone, and nursery available if within 50 miles.
This year a two inch trunk online for $300 plus is a great deal, it will only be worth more next year when it has a top.

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Have a damn Auction!

I'm up to #40 I think. All successful here.

Had one bad experience as a buyer (broke pot that wasn't broke during shipping) and one as a seller, couldn't get in touch with the buyer, on FB.

No problems here.

@vancehanna and @HorseloverFat seem to have had successful auctions here too. Don't remember if any @penumbra sales were auctions but they could've been.

As we continue to scare away the weak from here, they will run there and assist it's decline. Now that @Smoke is back, the acceleration should be noticable!

Going once, going twice.....

Peace bitches, go get your pats on the back to go with your misinformation!

Funny the only difference is here, your mallsai has potential as Bonsai.
There, your mallsai has potential as a mallsai!

Sorce
I am not back. Just posted a small update on my life. Have no intention of accelerating any declines or improvements. I have my own agenda, which I will continue to pursue on my own. Sharing that here may or may not happen. Carry on, like I'm not here
Sincerely, Smoke

Leo in N E Illinois

The Professor
Reaction score
on the IL-WI border, a mile from ''da Lake''
USDA Zone
5b
I am not back. Just posted a small update on my life. Have no intention of accelerating any declines or improvements. I have my own agenda, which I will continue to pursue on my own. Sharing that here may or may not happen. Carry on, like I'm not here
Sincerely, Smoke

I do miss your posts, the place was more lively and fun when you were here regularly. Your information was always accurate, and I liked your humor.

james

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
God bless you Smoke. I appreciate your expertise and horticultural knowledge. Don’t always agree with your aesthetic, yet ALWAYS value your thoughts. This forum is better for your involvement.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
There’s good and there’s bad and sometimes the bad is $ and sometimes the good isn’t. My ignorance has caused me to be burned a couple times but it’s helpful to see things done wrong too. I’ve also gotten some gems or future gems.

I’ve mostly shifted from bidding to looking, though. I may try to sell some pots on there eventually but I keep finding potential for them and I hate packing things and going to the PO.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
It's essentially an internet free-for-all and considering that, I think it performs pretty well. Anybody looking to make a quick undeserved buck can post but so do Bill Valavanis and other great producers. Caveat emptor and all no? I think it's a fantastic resource for folks who don't have anything nearby. I've bought a few trees and pots I'm very happy with.

milehigh_7

Mister 500,000
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hot
I guess I am the exception. I really like the .99 auction. I have gotten fantastic deals over the years and have also sold many hundreds of items. It is just buyer beware like other things in life. If you know what you are looking at, you can get a good deal. As for me, I am always honest about the things I sell because a reputation is something that once you lose you can't get back and our community is really not that large.

milehigh_7

Mister 500,000
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hot
Sincerely, Smoke
Any @Smoke is good Smoke!

Top Bottom