Facebook fails and flops

Dav4

Drop Branch Murphy
Reaction score
SE MI- Bonsai'd for 12 years both MA and N GA
USDA Zone
6a
Don’t they just switch from a bright green to a more pale-ish green?
I've seen some J chinensis cultivars turn a very dark purple color that may translate as brown in a picture, and I think @wireme has a Rocky Mountain juniper that takes on a very brown hue in wintertime... hence the difficulty in diagnosing relative health through a pic on the internet.

wireme

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I've seen some J chinensis cultivars turn a very dark purple color that may translate as brown in a picture, and I think @wireme has a Rocky Mountain juniper that takes on a very brown hue in wintertime... hence the difficulty in diagnosing relative health through a pic on the internet.
That’s right I do. Quite a variety of colours between different trees too. Purple, steely blue, brown, red. There’s a couple that go reddish brown enough that I can’t help but worry even though I see it every year, similar to the juniper a page back there.

WesB

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Nigel’s aloe falls somewhere in the landscape planting and accent realm. If he took it a bit further as the center piece in a large landscape planting it could be epic.

Ryceman3

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Since we’re not strictly sticking to Facebook, eBay has some gold for the bonsai enthusiast looking for something just that little bit different...
4945DCB3-2323-47B4-AD0C-2D28D9A0189E.jpeg
They come in lots of different colours, (depending upon what filter was used in photoshop) and these seeds are 100% brand new which makes them a complete bargain.... seriously though, the sad thing is how many that have been sold!

substratum

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
The upside of the Sego bonsai is that it would be nearly impossible to kill it, LOL! Not sure how you'd style it.

Top Bottom