Fairy garden forest?

amatbrewer

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
It has a tropical feel. Like a garden where there are giant leaved tropicals near the bench. The norfolk pines could just as easily be a giant bamboo clump

When I look at it I get the feeling of a clump of palm trees. I would love to sit on that bench and drink in a warm tropical breeze (and maybe a Mai Tai or two...ok, lets make it three).

I have to admit that at first I was not really fond of this until I realized the reason was my own bias on what a ''serious bonsai landscape'' is. I realized this last night while working on my own tree that violates all kinds of "Bonsai Rules" but reminds me of a banyan tree I used to play under as a kid.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
if you are into flowering tropical trees, orchids,
Who me? Lol. We're going to Daytona this summer, I just googled Marie Selby Gardens, and unfortunately, there's no way I'd get my husband to drive 4 hours to see some plants. He won't even go to the Botanical Garden in St Louis. But it looks like a wonderful place. No, I don't consider my little dish garden"serious" in any way. Just something to do with some clearance aisle plants, and some spare time. Warmer than building a snow man!

Top Bottom