Fall colours

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Love those apples, and the leaf color on the other tree is wonderful. What is that tree if I could ask, I see the fruit/flowers, but don't recognize them. @William N. Valavanis?

coh

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Love those apples, and the leaf color on the other tree is wonderful. What is that tree if I could ask, I see the fruit/flowers, but don't recognize them. @William N. Valavanis?
It's some type of euonymus, if you have his book I think it's the same specimen that is shown on page 207 - Japanese spindle tree, Euonymus hamiltonianus var. sieboldiana.

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
It's some type of euonymus, if you have his book I think it's the same specimen that is shown on page 207 - Japanese spindle tree, Euonymus hamiltonianus var. sieboldiana.
Nice looking plant I assume they are hard to find.

coh

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Nice looking plant I assume they are hard to find.
The fruit capsules are really beautiful. I bought a couple of these from a grower (Forest Farm maybe? can't recall) a few years ago and they are putting on size in my grow bed. I think well developed bonsai specimens are rather rare in the US.

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
The fruit capsules are really beautiful. I bought a couple of these from a grower (Forest Farm maybe? can't recall) a few years ago and they are putting on size in my grow bed. I think well developed bonsai specimens are rather rare in the US.
I am surprised that Mr. Valavanis doesn't have these in his propagation material.

just.wing.it

Deadwood Head
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
The one leaf this year that gives me hope for future fall color from my Carpinus Turczaninowii.
I just have to keep it from getting burned in the heat of summer.
I'm very happy to see this one little leaf though...I was always hoping for good color from this tree.
KIMG1558.JPG
KIMG1558.JPG

Top Bottom