Fall colours

coh

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Some great colors in this thread!

Here are some from yesterday. Many of these trees were posted in my "Some trees" thread, but yesterday was a
grey rainy day and the colors looked especially vibrant, so I snapped a few photos of the benches and from around
the yard. This is peak for us so trying to enjoy before the browns and greys of winter take over.

1) Arakawa maples glowing...best color I've ever seen on them

fall001.jpg

2) Viridis maple on left, euonymus in center, shishigashira maple on right

fall002.jpg

3) Little zelkova with a big sacrifice branch.

fall003.jpg

4) Viridis and shishi from the other side, some larch and deshojo maples in background

fall004.jpg

4) Some seedlings, the reds are mostly Japanese maples. There are also tridents, some stewartia, korean
hornbeam and a few others

fall005.jpg

6) More seedlings

fall006.jpg

7) Part of yard...stewartia pseudocamellia in foreground, larch peaking out behind it, tulip poplar further
back and some sugar maples in the distance.

fall007.jpg

Reaction score
This is the only time of the year I wish I’d live in a colder region. Here all is still pretty much green and some trees are still pushing new growth. I might get a glimpse of fall colour in December if it doesn’t rain too much

miker

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
This actually turned out to be an excellent year for fall color in this part of SE PA.

Later than the long term norm, yes, but that seems to be becoming the new norm(?).

Top Bottom