Fall update + dormancy planning video

GreatLakesBrad

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Just sharing my recent upload that walks through what I’ve learned for dormancy preparation / protection for different trees as we trudge through winter, plus a few material updates. Most of my approach taken from you all here or evergreen gardenworks. Happy new year.

canoeguide

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I went to click subscribe and discovered that I already am! I'm a bit jealous of that dawn redwood!

GreatLakesBrad

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
@B-rad in GR every now and then you haul off and just whack a titleist and see where it ends up?😅

Or are you trying to make chickens lay eggs in them pots?😜

Nice.

Sorce
Haha. I try to avoid chipping practice in the back yard 😂 keep those trees safe! Golf ball for scale instead of a lighter 🤷‍♂️

GreatLakesBrad

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I went to click subscribe and discovered that I already am! I'm a bit jealous of that dawn redwood!
Thanks for the watch! Love the dawn and will probably post late winter here for some opinions on styling/prune decisions!!

Wires_Guy_wires

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
I'd be careful with electrical stuff on the floor. If you spill some water, trip over it, whatever, it's going to cause trouble. As someone who has messed with plants indoors for over a decade, I can safely say it's going to happen regardless. It's your choice if that accident is going to kill you, the tree, or kill nothing at all.
Mount it high and dry.

I once forgot to turn off the power when mounting a light, and the shortcircuit (is that a valid word?) burned a hole through my expensive reflective panel. Now that was just stupidity on my side, guilty as charged. But more than once have I tripped over wires by accident and tore down the lighting setup with it. The plants weren't happy, I wasn't happy. Cable ties, they exist for a reason ;-)

GreatLakesBrad

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I'd be careful with electrical stuff on the floor. If you spill some water, trip over it, whatever, it's going to cause trouble. As someone who has messed with plants indoors for over a decade, I can safely say it's going to happen regardless. It's your choice if that accident is going to kill you, the tree, or kill nothing at all.
Mount it high and dry.

I once forgot to turn off the power when mounting a light, and the shortcircuit (is that a valid word?) burned a hole through my expensive reflective panel. Now that was just stupidity on my side, guilty as charged. But more than once have I tripped over wires by accident and tore down the lighting setup with it. The plants weren't happy, I wasn't happy. Cable ties, they exist for a reason ;-)
Great tip, I have others mounted and out of the way. Will take the same approach with those for the redwood. Appreciate it! Don’t wanna mess with safety issues!

Top Bottom