Fallen Serissa Kyoto

Reaction score
I got a kyoto sport by mistake a couple of weeks ago and I was extremely worried that it would die on my watch. But it was actually doing very well (new growth, leaves weren't changing) Up until four days ago when the table it was on was knocked over, and it fell out of the pot. Since then some of the leaves have dried up but haven't fallen off, while others are soft and droopy.But closer to the roots I can see green. I don't know what to do. Should I pinch those leaves off or should I see if they fall off on their own? The first picture is before the fall. And the last two after it fell.

What it first looked like.jpgAfter the fall.jpgAfter the fall 2.jpg

vaibatron

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Serrisa are very finicky in general, add a little bit of smash pot and it’s a recipe for a sad tree.

Don’t baby it, the only thing you can really do is wait and see.

Like most tropicals, this species has periods where it basically ceases all top growth. Just regular cycles. I wouldn’t go scratching the bark on such a small sport, but if it doesn’t start flushing new growth with in the next month, or even worse starts to become brittle before then, it may be too far gone.

Good luck!0

Mellow Mullet

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8-9
I got a kyoto sport by mistake a couple of weeks ago and I was extremely worried that it would die on my watch. But it was actually doing very well (new growth, leaves weren't changing) Up until four days ago when the table it was on was knocked over, and it fell out of the pot. Since then some of the leaves have dried up but haven't fallen off, while others are soft and droopy.But closer to the roots I can see green. I don't know what to do. Should I pinch those leaves off or should I see if they fall off on their own? The first picture is before the fall. And the last two after it fell.

View attachment 175590View attachment 175589View attachment 175588
Doesn't look like a "sport"to me. Just plain old serissa, maybe "pink fairy". It is just pouting, keep an eye on the moisture and it will be ok.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Welcome to Crazy!

Sorce

KingJades

Shohin
Reaction score
Someone I was selling trees to gave me one to save. It had lost most of its foliage was slowly meeting its demise.

A repot into some good soil, a tiny root prune, and consistently moist environment in a sunny window and it has recovered nicely.

Practice good principles to set it up for success, then wait and see.

Top Bottom