Fans of Bushuan?

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Please don't hate me but I really don't like them. I am sure there are some I would but I don't like what I have seen for the most part. I do kinda like the wide blue one and I like the one with the apple very much. The ones with all the mixed up colors I do not like. I am a potter, though I have not done much the last couple of years, and I am sure that when I have some more pots for sale there will be some that hate them as well. I prefer unglazed pots or those with oxide washes or partial glazes, mostly satin or mat.
Different strokes, so they say.
Some of them are a bit much for my taste as well, at least if you're planning on using them for trees. On their own they are certainly lovely as works of art and collectable. I did see one mixed color that I liked very much but could not get the seller to reply about it. It's small and looks almost made of stone. I do think the one I have is subtle and a good fit for the tree. But it still has something about it that grabs your attention. It has some nice patina on it as well, which most of the ones I've seen have not had. Here's the one I was looking to get in addition to the cream and red one.259670

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Some of them are a bit much for my taste as well, at least if you're planning on using them for trees. On their own they are certainly lovely as works of art and collectable. I did see one mixed color that I liked very much but could not get the seller to reply about it. It's small and looks almost made of stone. I do think the one I have is subtle and a good fit for the tree. But it still has something about it that grabs your attention. It has some nice patina on it as well, which most of the ones I've seen have not had. Here's the one I was looking to get in addition to the cream and red one.View attachment 259670
Thanks Judy. This one I like. I hope that this winter I can make several to show here. I have three nurseries to sell to and a couple stores. I hate facebook so I don't know what to do about that. I love Etsy but it would be limiting. I am a bit surprised that there is not a classified add section on this site. I am on two archery sites and they both have classified. I'll show a couple when I can.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Thanks Judy. This one I like. I hope that this winter I can make several to show here. I have three nurseries to sell to and a couple stores. I hate facebook so I don't know what to do about that. I love Etsy but it would be limiting. I am a bit surprised that there is not a classified add section on this site. I am on two archery sites and they both have classified. I'll show a couple when I can.
There is a Selling (bonsai related) forum you could show pots you want to sell. (down toward the bottom of the forums list)

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
There is a Selling (bonsai related) forum you could show pots you want to sell. (down toward the bottom of the forums list)
Wow! Thanks Carol. I did not know about it and I am a bit slow around computers and such.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Wow! Thanks Carol. I did not know about it and I am a bit slow around computers and such.
Looking forward to seeing your pots. My favorite pots are ones I bought from a couple of folks here. P.S. I also hate FB. ;)

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Please don't hate me but I really don't like them. I am sure there are some I would but I don't like what I have seen for the most part. I do kinda like the wide blue one and I like the one with the apple very much. The ones with all the mixed up colors I do not like. I am a potter, though I have not done much the last couple of years, and I am sure that when I have some more pots for sale there will be some that hate them as well. I prefer unglazed pots or those with oxide washes or partial glazes, mostly satin or mat.
Different strokes, so they say.
I'm kinda with ya on this--probably only because collecting pots is more addictive and expensive than the trees that go in them. That said, I spend $$ on pots I can actually use without worrying about chipping/breaking a $1,000 investment. Also pots like these are not all that easy to pair with trees and tend to "shout" at you. I think a lot of them are more aimed at sitting on shelves to be admired--which isn't a bad thing...

I will pay for solid, knowledgeable construction executed by someone who knows how to make bonsai pots, though. I've noticed some of these spectacularly glazed pots tend to have some construction "quirks" that make them wonky for use.

Top Bottom