Fast Site Maintenance

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Have to do some quick site maintenance today. Site downtime probably less than 5 minutes... unless I break something :)

Bonsai Nut

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
LOL ok well maybe not so fast. Nice time for my Internet Service Provider to decide they were going to do some network work as well... right while I was in the midst of uploading files :)

Last edited:

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
Hey @Bonsai Nut. When I’m typing on my iPad, suddenly, the keyboard covers the visible text field so I can’t see what I’m typing now...?
7AFC58DA-FF5C-46A7-A9FA-B85B2B3EE737.png

Brian Van Fleet

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
While I’m mentioning it, too, is there any chance the images in the viewer can be brought to the front of the bottom banner, or be scaled differently so the full image is within view above the bottom banner? Now to click on an image, usually most or all of the pot is concealed by the bottom banner. Thanks Greg.

112E0AAE-4B9A-4E62-9CB6-1B32300711ED.png

Bonsai Nut

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Hey @Bonsai Nut. When I’m typing on my iPad, suddenly, the keyboard covers the visible text field so I can’t see what I’m typing now...?
View attachment 180251

I believe that's a browser scale issue and doesn't have anything to do with the site. For example, there is nothing I can do to change the scale of your virtual keyboard.

Bonsai Nut

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
While I’m mentioning it, too, is there any chance the images in the viewer can be brought to the front of the bottom banner, or be scaled differently so the full image is within view above the bottom banner? Now to click on an image, usually most or all of the pot is concealed by the bottom banner. Thanks Greg.

Do you have a link for that image? Or just a description? I want to make sure that I test that exact image...

Brian Van Fleet

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
I believe that's a browser scale issue and doesn't have anything to do with the site. For example, there is nothing I can do to change the scale of your virtual keyboard.
Correct, but the site used to scroll up until I could see what I’m typing, and in the last couple days, it has stopped this. I haven’t updated my IOS. When I’m typing, this is what I see:

5453B3F8-35A5-476C-BCDD-B913CFC4A919.png

Brian Van Fleet

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A

Bonsai Nut

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a

Brian Van Fleet

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
I can't recreate the problem. Even when I resize the UI, the banner at the bottom gets larger or smaller but is never truncated. I'll have to break out a couple of different tablets...
I’m using last year’s iPad, and IOS 11.2.5.

Brian Van Fleet

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
Clicked on the little 3x3 (lower right)?
Clicking; tapping on the little image brings up another banner that obscures even more of the image.
5F6C8E1B-940C-4D08-9F9F-2B678430D0B9.png
However, what is really bad is the page not auto-scrolling so I can see the words I’m typing. Since iPads have very few settings, surely I can’t be the only one whose keyboard now obscures the typing field? This is driving me nuts.
A5F78111-CB39-4954-81A6-E31A2B60B309.png

0soyoung

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
However, what is really bad is the page not auto-scrolling so I can see the words I’m typing. Since iPads have very few settings, surely I can’t be the only one whose keyboard now obscures the typing field? This is driving me nuts.
View attachment 180362

I see what you mean. The same thing happens on Win10 in Chrome.

The U British Columbia has a hort site that runs on the same Xenforo package and it behaves the same way.

I guess it may be a common browser issue as it doesn't seem to happen in MS Edge browser.

Last edited:

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
My Guy on YouTube Estimation Ceramics...

His guy...Nu Two Times...does tech reviews..
One on pretty cool downloadable keyboards.

Good guys to Support and follow!

Anyway...I was having that problem upon the change ...but no longer, and I didn't change anything.

It is a bit hard to grab some screen that I can scroll up to view pictures again while typing...hitting BOLD on accident more.

Sorce

Top Bottom