Fat Ume

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
Gonna be a good show Judy! The blaze is in the perfect spot on that pot; good visual flow.

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Got it from a guy out of Houston, Omega bonsai blog, he's got some sweet shohin stuff. I've been picking up pieces so I can have a full rack for display.
Thanks BVF, I got lucky...
Dave, the other one isn't quite as far as this one, but not too far behind, maybe a week? Can't wait, as I do love that one.

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Thanks Fred, I'll like this one better once I get some wire on it next growing season, just going to enjoy the show for now!

Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Got it from a guy out of Houston, Omega bonsai blog, he's got some sweet shohin stuff. I've been picking up pieces so I can have a full rack for display.
Dave, the other one isn't quite as far as this one, but not too far behind, maybe a week? Can't wait, as I do love that one.
Any idea what the story is on that seller? Seems to have a lot of good stuff but I've always been leery of buying from someone I've not heard of via at least a 3rd party. Been burnt badly once a few years ago.

zachkent29

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a

I've done various searches for Omega, bonsai, blog, Houston, etc. but couldn't find anything. Do you have the url?

Great tree, by the way!

Djtommy

Omono
Reaction score
Nice, a bit too much branches but better enjoy the flowers first before cutting anything

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Any idea what the story is on that seller? Seems to have a lot of good stuff but I've always been leery of buying from someone I've not heard of via at least a 3rd party. Been burnt badly once a few years ago.
I've had really good experiences with this vendor. Would definitely recommend him without hesitation. Tell him I sent ya!

coh

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Excellent, Judy! Love it. Can't wait to see it smothered in flowers.

I mentioned in another thread, a P. mume seedling I picked up and planted in the ground about 5 years ago has flower buds for the first time. Have a branch in water on my desk, can't wait to see what the flowers look (and smell) like. Buds are showing strong pink coloring as they swell. It'll be almost like Christmas again when they finally open.

Chris

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Excellent, Judy! Love it. Can't wait to see it smothered in flowers.

I mentioned in another thread, a P. mume seedling I picked up and planted in the ground about 5 years ago has flower buds for the first time. Have a branch in water on my desk, can't wait to see what the flowers look (and smell) like. Buds are showing strong pink coloring as they swell. It'll be almost like Christmas again when they finally open.

Chris
Thanks Chris,
mine has a very slight clove smell. I may have to get a pink one someday, I'm becoming hooked and it's only the first flower...

mcpesq817

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Really nice. Funny, I recently was bitten by the shohin bug myself. Large trees and getting older don't seem to go very well together :)

Top Bottom