Faux Wood Planters

Ceijay

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
New ceramic faux wood boxes I made in the studio.

This one is actually a drying rack for baby bottles but still functional as a planter.
IMG_2035.JPGIMG_2039.JPG

These last two are smaller and specifically made for orchids.
FullSizeRender 3.jpgFullSizeRender.jpg

Greenware. This clay body will be very dark brown, nearly black, when fired. IMG_2147.JPG

They are supposed to look like Bonnie onion crates, or a bonsai grow boxes. You could probably use them for both.

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Very cool!

Tough to make them functional as planters without drain holes. However that would be a simple fix. I think they would work great for orchids and succulents - or anything that would normally work well in a hanging basket.

Ceijay

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
Very cool!

Tough to make them functional as planters without drain holes. However that would be a simple fix. I think they would work great for orchids and succulents - or anything that would normally work well in a hanging basket.
The bottoms are also wooden panels with space between them as drainage. That's why they make such good orchid planters.

The two small ones also have holes in the bottom so you can hang them OR for wiring if needed I guess.

This is the best view of one of the bottoms, before the hanging holes were added it looks like. This is the box with the orchid in it which is why it has such large gaps.
IMG_1986.JPG

Vin

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
The bottoms are also wooden panels with space between them as drainage. That's why they make such good orchid planters.

The two small ones also have holes in the bottom so you can hang them OR for wiring if needed I guess.

This is the best view of one of the bottoms, before the hanging holes were added it looks like. This is the box with the orchid in it which is why it has such large gaps.
View attachment 191120
If you're making them for resale I certainly would like to try one as an orchid container.

Ceijay

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
If you're making them for resale I certainly would like to try one as an orchid container.
I do! Send me a DM with your email.

Reactions: Vin
Top Bottom