February 21st?

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
How does Feb 21st look for our next meeting? Steve has been gracious enough to host at his hacienda. Subject will be shimpaku grafts on California juniper. Also, we'll discuss private workshop ideas for Gary Ishii.

Someone check with Ian to see if he'll be in town. He always seems to be traveling internationally (cough, cough, CIA, cough...)

ianb

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
Should be around as far as I know. I only have one California Juniper (hint if anyone is wanting to sell one or two) and probably won't graft on it but I am very interested in Shimpaku grating for the future. On the subject of grafting has anyone had success grafting roots on JBP?

Oh and it's MI-6... CIA are amateurs:p

Si Nguyen

Omono
Reaction score
It is probably good for me. I have that week off, so if we don't hit the road at the last minute to somewhere, then I should be there.

bonhe

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hic, I have an appointment with tax preparer on that date!
I did quite a bit a shimpaku graft on Cali, San Jose junipers. To me, inarch grafting is much better than side grafting at least in my hot dry area. With inarch grafting my succeed rate is 100%.
Well, hope you guys will have a good time at Steve's place. Please take some pictures.
Bonhe

Top Bottom