Feedback on my first video

Kadebe

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
You're very welcome. I realize dthat most videos miss half of the story are you indicate, so yeah, trying to close that gap. But I must say, it is hard sometimes to have a coherent story over months. It is a lot easier to just shoot an hour and edit it down to a few minutes and be done. I am keeping track of about 30 projects, some will run over multiple YEARS before I releaase the full video..!
Suggestion... start from nursery stock with two different pines, two different juniper and two different pins, 2 junipers and two deciduous trees.
Follow them up with two to 3 vids per year.... and make a playlist of them.Just to show enthousiast people how fast you can get a beautiful tree in 5-6 years

Hack Yeah!

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
@leatherback , thanks for the hardwood cuttings video and results. I was actually about to try some this winter. Do you think using a heat cable or misting after leaf out would have improved your results?

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
@leatherback , thanks for the hardwood cuttings video and results. I was actually about to try some this winter. Do you think using a heat cable or misting after leaf out would have improved your results?
I am not sure. I have never really had great results. THere are lots of things like proper hygiene or better frost protection that could make a difference. Bottom-heat feels like something for summer cuttings?

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Fun to see this thread, considering I was just at @leatherback YouTube channel, and he now has over 200 videos!! That's something like 2 videos per week for the last two years!!

Way to go!
Thx. And yes. Pretty much. 2 per week..
I have even started to keep a schedule, and am taking roughly 30 videos in parallel now...
Sometimes I forget my hobby is growing cool trees (!)

1704298609368.png

ShadyStump

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Thx. And yes. Pretty much. 2 per week..
I have even started to keep a schedule, and am taking roughly 30 videos in parallel now...
Sometimes I forget my hobby is growing cool trees (!)

View attachment 523219
Yes.
Yes, I could do this.

No.
No, I won't. That is entirely too much for me.

Sure am glad there's other people up for it.

ShadyStump

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
for me it is becoming to much too. I am in the mood to reduce. Just like my collection of trees. Hm. I see a parallel here
I think this is why I have a tendency to let my trees, as well as other things, take backseat. I don't want to hate them, so I refuse to let them become an obligation.
And so I have terrible trees.😒

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I don't want to hate them, so I refuse to let them become an obligation.
And so I have terrible trees.😒
hahahaha

I do not hate my trees, but in periods like now, when I want to go through each one of them, wire and prune them and decide whether they need repotting, then I have way too many. Especially as my trees are slowly maturing and require more detailed attention. I AM setting 2024 to get rid of my growing field. But to do this, I need to dig up and sell off a lot of starters, from 10yr field grown, to 3 year seedlings..

Dabbler

Shohin
Reaction score
Nice video's - started my own channel too - but I need to make more vidoes

Top Bottom