Feedback on my first video

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I would say this qualifies to spend big on a 4k camera and a decent microphone ๐Ÿ˜œ
Next to the sort of money is not really worth it to me..

As long as youtube keep wrecking video quality, there is absolutely no need for other equipment. It seems that youtube add extre compression to the video thay I upload. They cannot tell what settings to use on the video compression before upload. The quality here is perfect; Thumbnails are made from stills taken from the video. Once on youtube.. not so much. (also I would not know how to handle the files. My laptop has a hard time crunching the source material which runs at ~120Mb/min of recording)

Whats wrong with the sound?

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Next to the sort of money is not really worth it to me..

As long as youtube keep wrecking video quality, there is absolutely no need for other equipment. It seems that youtube add extre compression to the video thay I upload. They cannot tell what settings to use on the video compression before upload. The quality here is perfect; Thumbnails are made from stills taken from the video. Once on youtube.. not so much. (also I would not know how to handle the files. My laptop has a hard time crunching the source material which runs at ~120Mb/min of recording)

Whats wrong with the sound?
Hi Jelle, nothing is wrong with your videos, or the sound; it was merely a little joke, don't take it too seriously. ;)

I enjoy your videos a lot; always something new to learn.

Youtube can take a while sometimes to provide your uploaded video in the intended or better quality.

Keep up the excellent work!

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Test your Dutch skill! Local media exposure for our club, thx to the new social media strategy we set up half a year ago!

jason biggs

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
11a
well done!! your stats are very impressive...
have to be honest: i thought you were rigging your views when you started as it just wasn't possible to have thousands of views in such a short time ๐Ÿ˜‚

ShadyStump

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
It's been a steady increase from day one.

Not quite two years into making quality product for a niche market. You're numbers seem right to me, all things considered.
I think you're nearing the point where we can expect subscriber numbers to grow almost exponentially for a year or so before plateauing for a little while. I'd bet good money on you being near or over 40k by the end of 2024.

The key thing Jelle has over almost anyone else is keeping up on updates and progress. Very few will take the time to film a segment that won't air for 3 to 6 months when you finally work on the tree again.
Viewers love you for that alone.

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Very few will take the time to film a segment that won't air for 3 to 6 months when you finally work on the tree again.
True. it is one of the things I am convinced needed to be done more.
I hate it to have to find a second video to learn whether something worked.

ShadyStump

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
True. it is one of the things I am convinced needed to be done more.
I hate it to have to find a second video to learn whether something worked.
Viewers obviously notice and appreciate it. I know I do.

By next growing season, you may start pursuing ways to increase production quality. It's about the only thing you can do; the rest is a matter of time, and keeping up the good work ๐Ÿ‘

Top Bottom