Feeling so ashamed...

my nellie

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
Unthinkable, unprecedented!

Businessman owner of football team PAOK invaded in rage in the terrain threatening the referee who awarded a goal to AEK carrying his revolver surrounded by his henchmen.

Media around the world are occupied reporting the scandal in the football league of Greece.

Decadance!

On CNN - On Guardian - On Sun - On BBC - On RTBF - On L' Equipe - On Corriere della serra ......
and I could go on and on...

Anthony

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
No sweat Alexandra ----------- still think Greece is GREAT!!

K just gave Nic [ his name is spelled - Nikolaos ] a book from the National Geographic
world books ------ Greece and Rome builders of the Ancient World [ 1968 ]
Heavy clay paper, good read.
Good Day
Anthony

Clicio

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
11a
Unthinkable, unprecedented!
Businessman owner of football team PAOK invaded in rage in the terrain threatening the referee who awarded a goal to AEK carrying his revolver surrounded by his henchmen.

Alrxandra, I have lived in Athens for 7 years, and realized Greeks can be as crazy about football as Brazilians; but with a gun?
Really unthinkable!

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I thought he threatened him with his gun...?...went to read news...and watch the video. The gun he was "carrying" was kept in his harness of his waist...never taken out. But...he did rage onto the field. Is there more to the story than I found?

my nellie

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
No sweat Alexandra ----------- still think Greece is GREAT!!
Thanks for reading Anthony.
Greece is great, I will not disagree...
BUT Greece is also the Greek people living in this country.
Unfortunately, Greeks nowadays are not standing on that high level of the past... This is with a great pain for me to confirm... However, this is the truth.

my nellie

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
Alrxandra, I have lived in Athens for 7 years, and realized Greeks can be as crazy about football as Brazilians; but with a gun?
Really unthinkable!
Yes, you have got it right!
Greeks can be crazy about their football teams (I see this with my husband) :D
But this incident with the gun :eek:
Never heard before!

my nellie

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
Hello, Darlene!
I thought he threatened him with his gun...?...went to read news...and watch the video. The gun he was "carrying" was kept in his harness of his waist...never taken out. But...he did rage onto the field. Is there more to the story than I found?
No, he did not move his weapon against the referee.
However, he allegedly shouted : "You are finished"
There is another video on YouTube (the one on which Savvidis is still wearing his parka jacket) and if one watches carefully one can clearly see him putting his right hand towards his side (where his gun is kept) like he is going to pull it out

my nellie

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
... ...Is there more to the story than I found?
Yes, there is story behind the scenes.
Just some notes in order for you (or anyone interested) to get a small image of the person.

This man is of Russian origin (probably Georgia is said) and came to Greece in 2012.
He is a powerful, wealthy businessman who claims to be Greek...(has a greek surname) o_O but he does not speak one and only greek word.

He is imbued with criminal activity (tax evasion and tax fraud, cigarette smuggling) and his case has proved that interdependent interests are stronger than national interests...
He is involved in the tobacco sector and he has requested and has been attributed the removal of the amount of 30-40 million euros outstanding taxes.
He has bought tobacco business, the Harbor of Thessaloniki, he has been given one TV channel, he is focused on getting into the networks of media, he has bought the football team of PAOK and manipulates the fans for his own interests, etc, etc, etc.....

Since 2012 he has been the favorite person of every Administration.
Especially now the current Prime Minister of Greece has said (being at Thessaloniki International Trade Fair) : "There is only one thing pending for Salonika and this is that PAOK wins the cup".
The P.M. decides who will be awarded the National league Cup!!! Where on earth??? Only in Greece!!!

Last edited:

substratum

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
If it's any consolation to you, I'm a bit of a news hound, read prepared press clips and click on YahooSports on most days, and this incident never hit my radar screen. In short, this news probably has not spread as widely as you may fear.

my nellie

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
If it's any consolation to you, I'm a bit of a news hound, read prepared press clips and click on YahooSports on most days, and this incident never hit my radar screen. In short, this news probably has not spread as widely as you may fear.
Thanks for responding.
You know, the subject is not that this news is or is not wide spread, the subject is the deed in itself.
Anyway, here it is also in Yahoo Sports https://sports.yahoo.com/greek-socc...-disallowed-goal-holstered-gun-150713966.html

substratum

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b

bonsaichile

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b

Cerauno

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
MST
Even in America you aren't allowed to carry a firearm into a sports arena. What was he thinking?!

Last edited:

Cerauno

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
MST
Top Bottom