Fertilome Triple Action...on satuski

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I'm in end of rush planning for leaving. And noticed black spot in landscape areas. Was wondering...if anyone has used Fertilome on Satsuki? I know it's a stronger treatment and wish to coat my bonsai upon leaving to protect them a bit better since I will be gone two weeks. Brain fart...and just no time to look into my notes and find it.

So picking your brain...if you would so kindly share your knowledge.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Since I'm avoiding chemicals...husband is doing the treatment, my other brand is selective on species...which he knows nothing about. This one is universal.

@GrimLore @Vin @Mellow Mullet or anyone for that fact that may know. I'm thinking Grimmy uses triple action...or Vin does. John...you have azaleas...this would be the easiest thing I can think of for the hubs to use.

GrimLore

Bonsai Nut alumnus... we miss you
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Since I'm avoiding chemicals...husband is doing the treatment, my other brand is selective on species...which he knows nothing about. This one is universal.

I use two tablespoons of Sulfur to 1 gallon of water IF I suspect fungal problems watering it in as a first remedial action. It is natural and cheap. If that does not work good enough by my standards in two week I spray first with copper, and as a backup in another two weeks do an undergrowth and branch treatment with Daconil. Satsuki like damp and not wet so if the base or interior of the plant gets to wet I find fungal problems but they can be resolved ;)

Grimmy

Mellow Mullet

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8-9
I use bayer 3 in 1 and occasionally daconil if it gets bad. I looked at the fertilome and it seems to have the same action as the bayer, I don't see why it would not work for what you are thinking. Or, if it is just the black spot and you have daconil, hit it with that.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
No I don't have either...I do have some weaker stuff I have used on the Satsuki. Copper fungicide...mixed already. I could set the two off and let him use that? Or go ahead with the Fertilome you think @Mellow Mullet ? Taking them away from the group isn't a major thing when treating.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
The hubs made the ruling...he's not putting the Triple action on Don Blackmond's azalea. It's one of his favorites. So it gets the copper fungicide it's gotten in the past. He doesn't mind...so set the azaleas away from the rest so he doesn't get confused.

Reactions: Vin

Vin

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I certainly you being careful and the copper fungicide should work just fine. However, I will add I use Triple Action on my azaleas all the time with no ill effects.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
The hubs made the ruling...he's not putting the Triple action on Don Blackmond's azalea. It's one of his favorites. So it gets the copper fungicide it's gotten in the past. He doesn't mind...so set the azaleas away from the rest so he doesn't get confused.
Hope you enjoy your time away. Healthy trees won't let you down too much in a short period of time!

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Hope you enjoy your time away. Healthy trees won't let you down too much in a short period of time!
True enough...they are holding up like champs. But, wish to feel ahead of the game. I'm usually proactive. But with this cough I've had...I've dropped the ball. But they haven't hiccuped. But peace of mind they were treated before leaving is good.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I certainly you being careful and the copper fungicide should work just fine. However, I will add I use Triple Action on my azaleas all the time with no ill effects.

Good to know Vin...they are treated now. I was thinking I had. But...my notebook I marked in last year is misplaced, so I was on the wall.

Reactions: Vin

Mellow Mullet

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8-9
No I don't have either...I do have some weaker stuff I have used on the Satsuki. Copper fungicide...mixed already. I could set the two off and let him use that? Or go ahead with the Fertilome you think @Mellow Mullet ? Taking them away from the group isn't a major thing when treating.

Sorry for the slow response, working midnights, can only check the computer between sample analysis. The triple action would be fine for the azaleas, I bet in the instructions it even mentions azaleas. I only mentioned the daconil as I thought you might have it around, too, and it works great on black spot also. I have never used copper fungicide until this year and have not had good luck with it, it seem to have little or no effect. I was using it on a trident, though, and in the fungicide's defense, nothing else seemed to work either.

John

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Sorry for the slow response, working midnights, can only check the computer between sample analysis. The triple action would be fine for the azaleas, I bet in the instructions it even mentions azaleas. I only mentioned the daconil as I thought you might have it around, too, and it works great on black spot also. I have never used copper fungicide until this year and have not had good luck with it, it seem to have little or no effect. I was using it on a trident, though, and in the fungicide's defense, nothing else seemed to work either.

John

Yeah, I usually use the copper as a regiment to keep it at bay. Not treat it. It didn't mention azaleas...only a list of what not to spray...they weren't on the do not sprays. But they are my more valuable trees...so I was hesitant. My husband is funny...how he loves the tree that came from Don. "That is what a bonsai should look like in size" ...lol add blooms and he's mesmerized. He always asks if it will bloom again. Which he asks of all blooming plants it seems.

No worries John...will treat them all when I get back home and not baby the satsuki as much then.

Top Bottom