Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Beautiful- love the movement.

BrianBay9

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Thanks for posting this. So many people here tell me that Ficus are not "real" bonsai material. They are rarely shown. And yet California is a pretty good place to grow them. Not Florida good maybe, but good. I'm not sure how the denigration of Ficus bonsai in California got started.

Forsoothe!

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Thanks for posting this. So many people here tell me that Ficus are not "real" bonsai material. They are rarely shown. And yet California is a pretty good place to grow them. Not Florida good maybe, but good. I'm not sure how the denigration of Ficus bonsai in California got started.
It's universal, for no good reason. It's relatively hard to grow a nice one in Michigan, yet they are never considered serious trees.

amcoffeegirl

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
This beauty nearly had 2 fronts.
I enjoy both sides.

Walter Pall

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
So how are you keeping it in that region? Inside-outside shuffle? Greenhouse? Looks really healthy.

From around middle of April to beginign of Ocotbero ut in the garden with all the other trees. Otherwise in the cool pot room where it is never freezing but not heated and a lot of light. It is doing OK. Low maintenance.

Reaction score
Hi Walter, just curious. Did you trim the tips when defoliating the tree or just defoliated? Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Top Bottom