Ficus benjamina natasha development

Reaction score
Wow, the tree looks great! Thanks for the updates. ❤️

Tele

Yamadori
Reaction score
I had the exact same plant you bought 8 years ago (I think). I let it grow and try to get these smaller trees catchup and hoping to end somewhere like your tree.
I do not know yet I dare to cut it back that hard (without leaving leaves). Your result is exellent!

Attachments

• IMG_20.jpg
    IMG_20.jpg
    292.6 KB · Views: 77

Bonsai Turtle

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
I am surprised by your success with complete defoliation and trunk chop. I had learned from others and experienced myself dieback or complete failure with benjamina if a growing leaf isn't left on each branch. Have you "heard" about this? Maybe it isn't an issue with this cultivar?

FilipMerynos

Sapling
Reaction score
I am surprised by your success with complete defoliation and trunk chop. I had learned from others and experienced myself dieback or complete failure with benjamina if a growing leaf isn't left on each branch. Have you "heard" about this? Maybe it isn't an issue with this cultivar?
Nope, to be honest I've never experienced such a thing. Although I've heard that some people leave a leaf on each branch while defoliating. I think that the tree must be in a superb condition and in an active growth phase before doing what I've done. This time I had plenty of new growth on each branch after a few days.

Top Bottom