Ficus Carica - fig tree

Estonio

Mame
Reaction score
This is another of the acquisition of this year which is showing the branch distributions now that leaves are fallen. Also I'm not sure yet what could I do with it. But maybe a broom style could work. Some pics :

Front:
20181111_152231.jpg

From the top:
20181111_152312.jpg

One side:
20181111_152329.jpg

Back:
20181111_152341.jpg

The other side:
20181111_152354.jpg

Suggestions are welcome :)

Thanks

Leo in N E Illinois

The Professor
Reaction score
on the IL-WI border, a mile from ''da Lake''
USDA Zone
5b
Nice,
I don't have a good feel from the photos, so I have no suggestions. But it is nice to see a Ficus carica. By good feel I mean I have no ideas what to do, nothing wrong with your tree, just my imagination.

Since you just got it, don't be in a hurry to style it, let it grow a year or two. More branches, will give you more to choose from when you do style it. See how it behaves, will it produce fruit for you? A full year or two without much pruning will answer the questions of where on the branches fruit will occur, so you can then use that info in planning to display a bonsai with fruit.

Estonio

Mame
Reaction score
Thank you for the reply. From what I know about ficus Carica they don't grow well from down part and in order to get buds in beginning of the branches once need to do several branch pruning during the season so it would be important for me to start thinking about which branches could be part of final design to treat them accordingly...

Top Bottom