Ficus Ginseng leaves dropping!!

Reaction score
This is a long story but please bear with me I'm new to this. I was given a ficus ginseng as a gift in November of 2020. It was purchased from Lowe's hardware I think. For the first few days leaves started dropping due to what I thought was an issue with the winter temperatures. Then I noticed fungus gnats and larvae in the soil, did some research, and I saw that the tree was put in potting soil which was causing root rot and lots of sitting water. Drying the soil out became impossible so I re-potted the tree into some new soil and applied some neem oil. I saw some new growth but leaves continued to fall, even some of the newly grown leaves. Leaves that drop usually have brown colored areas but occasionally green leaves will fall. My question is, what could be the issue now? Do I need a full spectrum light? A humidifier? Is root rot still an issue? Temperature? I'll attach some shots of the recently fallen leaves and before and present pictures. For background info my room receives about 130 lux of light on average, humidity is less than 10%, temperatures are steady at around 30-40 degrees Fahrenheit.
IMG_3921.jpgIMG_4083.jpgIMG_4084.jpgIMG_4086.jpgIMG_4085.jpg

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
humidity is less than 10%, temperatures are steady at around 30-40 degrees Fahrenheit.
Not sure whether you are joking. This species is a tropical plant, from humid warm environments. It should be WAY warmer. A LOT more light and a lot more humid air.

Make sure your pot has a drainage hole so excess water can run out.

Reaction score
Not sure whether you are joking. This species is a tropical plant, from humid warm environments. It should be WAY warmer. A LOT more light and a lot more humid air.

Make sure your pot has a drainage hole so excess water can run out.
The indoor temperature is at about 73 degrees Fahrenheit sorry I forgot to clarify that hahaha. I'll look into a light fixture and a humidifier. Thank you for the advice!!

Top Bottom