Ficus microcarpa

Anthony

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Warning Gustavo,

apart from Ficus b, Ficus willow leaf and a Ficus wall climber [ seen from Hawaii,]
Most other Ficus types, give problems and often the root looks best.
Good Day
Anthony

Reaction score
Warning Gustavo,

apart from Ficus b, Ficus willow leaf and a Ficus wall climber [ seen from Hawaii,]
Good Day
Anthony
Sorry Anthony but I didn't understand what you meant... What problems? Root problems? Are you talking about the cutting?

Anthony

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Gustavo,

Go to Youtube look up Chinese work on Ficus.

After years of work the top can look like a big
green hat.

So the Chinese work on the Design in the roots
or at least one guy added a wall.
Good Day
Anthony

Shima

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
11A
Warning Gustavo,

Good Day
Anthony
Anthony...I suppose you are referring to this one? And it's in Hawai'i but not from Hawai'i. ;)
FWI. I live 10 minutes from the source of the activity down on the Eastern flank. Halemaʻumaʻu Pit Crater and Kilaeua volcano.
https://www.express.co.uk/news/worl...uea-summit-collapse-explosion-Halemaumau-USGS

Shima

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
11A
Gustavo,

Go to Youtube look up Chinese work on Ficus.

After years of work the top can look like a big
green hat.

So the Chinese work on the Design in the roots
or at least one guy added a wall.
Good Day
Anthony
Anthony...I suppose you are referring to this one? And it's in Hawai'i but not from Hawai'i. ;) Looking a bit stiff here, it's more relaxed now.;)
FWI. I live 10 minutes from the source of the activity down on the Eastern flank. Halemaʻumaʻu Pit Crater and Kilaeua volcano.
https://www.express.co.uk/news/worl...uea-summit-collapse-explosion-Halemaumau-USGSP1010485.JPG

Reaction score
Just an update.

The cutting rooted fine and grew like crazy. Didn't touch it anymore.
IMG_0101.jpgIMG_0100.jpg

The other also grew like crazy and I thinned some branches, which were getting too thick in areas I didn't want them any branches.

IMG_0102.jpg

IMG_0103.jpg

Will let them do their thing what's left of this growing season and next year I will probably make some structural pruning... These guys grow really fast.
By the way, it's been so humid that roots are crawling out of the substrate in another one I have....

Leo in N E Illinois

The Professor
Reaction score
on the IL-WI border, a mile from ''da Lake''
USDA Zone
5b
For what it is worth, the fruit of all Ficus are edible when fully ripe. Only a few Ficus have fruit that are considered really tasty. Most are small, relatively bland. A few species might have a touch of sweetness. Ficus carica is the main Ficus that is a commercial crop. Majority of Ficus are considered ''starvation food'' by the locals where they are native. For example, in Belize, the in the Mayan villages, there is always one or two native Ficus planted, often near the school, and children will eat the small figs as the come and go to school.. The adults will only harvest the trees when there is a moderate to serious shortage of food. Most of the time the tree gets ignored. But they won't cut it down, its there for ''just in case''. I believe the ficus they have in Belize may be Ficus aureum, but I am not certain.

Top Bottom