ficus retusa progression

ericN

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
And they say you can't grow tropicals in the north :rolleyes:

Thanks Ryan. This convince you to try my magic soil mix? ;)

Congrats!!! Very nice banyan style tree. :)

Thanks Dario

What are the green sticks in the show pics for?

I have some aerial roots that were less than 2 weeks old and I decided to leave them in there protective straws rather than loose some nicely placed aerial roots.

this ficus is looking really nice and happy. Can you inform more about the current indoor growing conditions? like temperature range, humidity and light conditions?

Thanks ptnull. I try to grow as low tech as possible. Since I grow mostly ficus, IMO given time they can acclimate to any indoor conditions. I always tell people to "let the tree adopt to your growing conditions instead of changing your growing conditions to grow a tree". (This might be only applicable to ficus trees :rolleyes:) I like to enjoy the hobby and this works well for me.

IMG_4524.jpg

Very impressive! I don't think anyone would be able to tell it was the same tree from the first pic posted. Outstanding work!

Rob

Thanks Rob. An 'attaboy' comment from you just made my day.:D I always follow your trees progressions and they are awesome!

It was a great experience joining a show. Met a lot of really nice bonsai folks. The red ribbon was the icing on the cake. ;)

Eric

ericN

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
For Sale

A move is on my horizon. We are moving to a new place in 2 months, great school district for my daughter but the condo we are moving into will limit my growing area.

Its sad but I need to part with my "Banyan Style' Ficus tree. I have been developing this tree for almost 7 years now. This tree is grown and developed exclusively indoors with a very simple setup. Whole progression of this tree and a critique from Bjorn is on this tread. It is in a 'Sara Ryner' pot and it was shown last summer at the Chicago Midwest Bonsai Show.

Since winter is almost upon us, and shipping might be a little risky for tropicals this time of the year, I would rather have it as 'pick-up only' . Anyone interested in making an offer, shoot me a pm.

Eric

2007-2013 progression.jpg Desktop1.jpg

ericN

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Just an update.....

As I water the tree today, I just realized that its bearing a lot of figs! This is the first time Ive seen it with this much fruits on it. Now who has a fig bonsai jam recipie? anyone? ;):)

New Folder (8)-001.jpg

Eric

thams

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Looks like a happy little tree! Did you not end up selling it?

ericN

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Looks like a happy little tree! Did you not end up selling it?

Hi Thams,

Tree is sold but I'm still taking care of it till the pick-up date. I think its showing off to make me feel bad about letting it go. LoL

Eric

thams

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Hi Thams,

Tree is sold but I'm still taking care of it till the pick-up date. I think its showing off to make me feel bad about letting it go. LoL

Eric

Haha, I'm glad you found a good home for it. Hopefully the new owner posts with its continued development.

Top Bottom