Ficus Too Little/Natasha

GerhardG

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Hi

I have a nursery ficus that was labeled as Ficus Benj. Natasha, but looking around on the Net it sure looks like a Too Little. A bonsai buddy has a Too Little and I really can't see a difference.

Anybody out there know the low-down on these varieties?

I have to add the lables on a lot of the plants at the local nurseries are either way off or slightly misleading, but this is largely thanks to the wholesalers in South Africa.

I won't post a pic, I like ficus and got this one because it was the only one left, not a bad plant but the trunk is so straight I don't have a plan for it yet. Thus far I've used it to make plenty cuttings (very good results) and I applied a wire tourniquet to sort out the roots (VERY happy with the results) and now I'm letting it grow and waiting for inspiration.

Thanks
Gerhard

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
The two cultivars are very similar. From what I see, "Natasha" is supposed to be the smallest, with "Too Little" being next smallest, however I can't confirm 100%. They are both much smaller than a standard F. benjamina.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
Sorry this is so late, but I can definitely tell the difference between the two, as I have had both through the years.

Too Little has a tendency to have a small curled leaf, whereas Natasha is more of a longer twisted shape. Also the former has a clumping habit in its top growth where as the latter is more like the simple benjamina.

Hope this helps. I would post photos but I killed my Too Little about 12 years ago.

Guess you could say it was Too Little, Too Late......:p

Rob

Top Bottom