Ficus, yellow leaves with black spots

zanna5910

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
What is causing this? It has been all nice and green all season until just recently.
image.jpgimage.jpg

Redwood Ryan

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
How often are you watering it? That's probably a big part of the issue.

KennedyMarx

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Probably a watering issue like Ryan said. It's probably a good time of year to repot now. You can put it in some coarser soil if need be.

zanna5910

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
It had been raining for like a month, so no watering for a while. Once it stopped I let it get a little dry then have been watering about once a day on average, sometimes twice when hot and skipped one day last week. Trying to water when the middle starts to get dry, not just the surface.

amcoffeegirl

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I don't know why green islands are finncky. Given the right conditions they bounce back quickly.
Is the rain hitting the pot?
Do you think it has been over watered or under watered?
Mine did the same thing.
If the leaves just yellow and fall off or stay green and fall off it's under watered.
If the leaves have green or black in them I would say over watered.
You may see both on the same plant.
Consistency is the key

Last edited:

zanna5910

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
crazy, it took all the rains very well, its been super green for a while. Once the heat hit and I was manually watering, that's when I believe I started seeing the yellow. My guess is underwatered for the ficus, I will try to water twice a day and see what happens i guess.

Maybe I need to test my tap water out of the hose too? I have issues with other plants too, I have a trident that's browning leaves and not ever really sprouting new growth, although its roots seem to fill pots just fine.

Top Bottom