Field growing Pines in Takamatsu

Reaction score
USDA Zone
11B
I found this interesting chanel in yt with subtitles in english, you can see the techniques about field growing pines in Takamatsu, this region in Japan its famous about his Pines

In this video you can see the "repoting" in the field, they do this every 6 or 7 years usually for pruning the long thick roots, the pines are several decades old and very impressive

Here the pruning technique

And a more videos in the chanel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYQHnD7cuwC5RZ2PqiLpMuw/videos

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I found this interesting chanel in yt with subtitles in english, you can see the techniques about field growing pines in Takamatsu, this region in Japan its famous about his Pines

In this video you can see the "repoting" in the field, they do this every 6 or 7 years usually for pruning the long thick roots, the pines are several decades old and very impressive

Here the pruning technique

And a more videos in the chanel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYQHnD7cuwC5RZ2PqiLpMuw/videos
LOL!!! More than just “a few decades old”!!! That White Pine he root pruned was 90 years old, planted by his great grandfather!

Esolin

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
Wow, awesome videos! Digging up all those pines every few years would be a lot of work, but the end result certainly seems worth it. I'd love to have one of those beauties.

Wilson

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Crazy to picture a few thousand of those in a field. This is one of the reasons why I respect Japanese bonsai so much, they do the serious long game.

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Crazy to picture a few thousand of those in a field. This is one of the reasons why I respect Japanese bonsai so much, they do the serious long game.

...imagine when it comes time to cull the un-worthy......NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Leo in N E Illinois

The Professor
Reaction score
on the IL-WI border, a mile from ''da Lake''
USDA Zone
5b
Interesting.

For those "ground growing" at home, notice that the pines are in long raised rows. The pine growing on a raised bed about 2 foot above the walkway area. You would not be able to do the digging, as quickly as he did if the pine was planted on level ground. The raised bed is the way to go.

Top Bottom