Finally found a couple cedrus for upcoming workshop

Pattik

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Pretty excited about these two trees, hopefully they prove to be good prospects for the upcoming workshop with Ted Matson.

Attachments

• brevifolia epstein.jpg
    brevifolia epstein.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 123
  • Kenwith1.jpg
    Kenwith1.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 130

BethF

Mame
Reaction score
Both of those look like they offer you several styling possibilities. Please follow up after the workshop.

GrimLore

Bonsai Nut alumnus... we miss you
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Nice! If they grow anything like Cedrus atlantica 'Glauca Pendula' you will be amazed. I put 6 whips behind the barn at the farm 6 years ago, staked and bent a few times for landscape. They are at 6 foot now and have received zero care the last two seasons. The rabbits got to the base buds but they grow back. I took one home for the Wife to put in her freshly started garden a few days back... Here's a picture ;)

Grimmy

Attachments

• GEDC1497.JPG
    GEDC1497.JPG
    552 KB · Views: 91

Pattik

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Grimmy these are both subspecies of the Cedrus Libani and both are considered dwarfs and are 8 years old. Your Cedrus atlantica Glauca Pendula is nice and VERY popular here in central California. I have seen many of them in landscapes and they are breathtaking for sure. They get so weepy that on the large specimens they have to stake them.

GrimLore

Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
They get so weepy that on the large specimens they have to stake them.

Yes indeed that one and the others had been staked for 6 years and new branches cut off frequently to force them upright. Now it is just a matter of keeping them properly thinned and balanced or have a jungle type bush.

Grimmy

jedge76

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Pretty cool little trees! Where is the Ted Matson workshop you are going to?

Pattik

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
ITs being put on by the Fresno Bonsai Society in Central California. My first workshop.

Pattik

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
My first workshop was quite the experience and Ted was a wonderful teacher. Felt I learned so much. Anyhow here are trees all wired up and somewhat styled. image.jpgimage.jpg

Pattik

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
It really was JudyB and I'm excited to see how these brevifolias do in the coming years. So glad I took before and after photos, big changes for both these cedars.

GrimLore

Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
So glad I took before and after photos, big changes for both these cedars.

Me too! Nice progress there :) Always try to photo journal things if anything for reference as the files are time and date stamped. I am sorry I rarely have and am slowly trying myself to do better :rolleyes:

Grimmy

Top Bottom