Finally starting to sort some pots ...

Jimdavis

Sapling
Reaction score
finally starting to clean and sort the pots I purchased. A little overwhelming to say the least. Doing some research on the stamps that are on the clay ones but it's dam hard when you don't even know what ways up or down lol and I know the glazed ones are mass produced but there are some really beautiful glazes on some. IMG_0236.JPGIMG_0235.JPGIMG_0232.JPGIMG_0233.JPGIMG_0237.JPGIMG_0238.JPGIMG_0240.JPG

amcoffeegirl

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Nothing like going all in!
What are you going to do with all those?

Jimdavis

Sapling
Reaction score
Looking to sell most of them once I have them cleaned and sorted but I'm keeping a good amount for my trees @amcoffeegirl

Josh88

Shohin
Reaction score
That's quite a haul! Where did you come across all of these?

rodeolthr

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Do you feel that you may be able to palletize these so as to make a bulk shipment cross country?

Jimdavis

Sapling
Reaction score
I bought them at an auction last weekend. And if I told you what i paid you would cry lol and not wanna buy them off me ... let's just say it was a very very good deal

Jimdavis

Sapling
Reaction score
Pretty much a steal

VAFisher

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I'll take the 4th one down on the left...

Jimdavis

Sapling
Reaction score
I don't think I'm going to sell them in bulk @rodeolthr i wanna see what I have first and take my time I'd like to make a slow quarter rather then a fast nickel

Jimdavis

Sapling
Reaction score
What would you say that's worth in this market @VAFisher like if you went to a bonsai nursery what would he be charging ? Pots probably circa 1970 75

Jimdavis

Sapling
Reaction score
I cannot disclose what I paid @Victorim lol but in all fairness what would you guys pay for something like this you can even low ball me I can read through the b.s

Victorim

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
I'm only playing about :) and love a deal story.. Hell I work for Chris dawson!

The pot in the close up would be £10 to £15 eBay uk assuming standard China stuff and size.

Jimdavis

Sapling
Reaction score
Thats what I thought @Victorim itcdoesnr have a stamp and it looks a little bit rushed lol but I do have about 150 200 of them in every glaze imaginable

AZbonsai

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
If they were easy to sell I guess they would have been gone ;);).
I will take a pallet when you get them sorted out :):)

Jimdavis

Sapling
Reaction score
I got them last Saturday and worked 70 hours this week so haven't had a second to even look at them all let alone try and sell them ... I have a few local contacts and will have them sold shortly @AZbonsai thanks for your insight

Top Bottom