Finding trident maple stock

Eallend7

Seedling
Reaction score
Around where i live there isn't a great selection of trees used in bonsai. Can anyone recommend a good online retailer that sells good trident maple stock?

digger714

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7B
Yep, Brent has the best trees ive found online. Actually anywhere. Send him an email with any questions, and the service is second to none. I usually get my trees from him in two days, and i am totally on the opposite side of the country. You cant go wrong with his material.

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
In case you need another endorsement for Brent...I've bought 10-12 from him and have ALWAYS been delighted with the material, speed of service, and enjoy going back and forth with him a little after the sale. He's a wealth of knowledge and the right guy if you are looking for specific cultivars.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
Brent is the man.I have gotten 2 plants from him very nice

DaveH

Seed
Reaction score
Trident maple stock

I agree, Brent's stuff is good. I have also found that Bill Valavanis @ www.internationalbonsai.com to be a good source for seedlings and pre-bonsai stock. His Spring 2011 catalog has just arrived at my place..... I quote: 10 bareroot trident seedling bundle- 6-18" tall: $35.00, free shipping.

Happy Humbug,

DaveH.
Zone 5

Concorde

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6-9
Trident stock

Try Weetree farm in Oregon. They have bareroot trees for sale including tridents and hedge maple.

Art

Reaction score
TJbonsai,

10 trident maples are not $26, they are $20 for a bundle of 10...with free shipping until Jan 1st and %15 off with this promo code HOLIDAY15 used at checkout, the total is $17 shipped to your door via priority mail.

thanks,

Matthew Ouwinga
kaedebonsai.com

Bill S

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Matt, I just finished cleanup after a blizzard here in Massachusetts, assuming these are shipping now, how do I treat them? Assuming keep them cold and dormant til spring??

milehigh_7

Mister 500,000
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hot
Package arrived first thing the morning of the 29th from Matt Ouwinga at www.kaedebonsai.com in perfect condition. I did not expect anything to happen so close to the holiday but the order was shipped very quickly. Could not be more pleased!

ichoudhury

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7B
TJbonsai,

10 trident maples are not $26, they are $20 for a bundle of 10...with free shipping until Jan 1st and %15 off with this promo code HOLIDAY15 used at checkout, the total is $17 shipped to your door via priority mail.

thanks,

Matthew Ouwinga
kaedebonsai.com

Ah, I don't need any more Trees! Oh the temptations! :rolleyes::D:eek:

Ugh! Got error msg! :eek:

Unable to process payment. Please contact the merchant as the shipping address provided by the merchant is invalid, and the merchant has requested that your order must be shipped to that address.

Reaction score
Hello,

There must have been a mix up with the promo code I entered to END on Jan 1st instead of running it through Jan 1st. I can still honor that deal no problem with a direct email.

thanks and sorry about that,

Matt Ouwinga

Tjbonsai

Seedling
Reaction score
Trident maples

Thanks Matt for the white pines and trident maples you sent me last week. As always I am very pleased. Best wishes in 2011

milehigh_7

Mister 500,000
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hot
Here are my little batch of Tridents (buds swelling on each one BTW) all in 6.5 inch strainers where they will be for a few years.

Thanks Matt!

edit: OOPS the one in the top middle is a Q. dumosa seedling...

Attachments

• IMG_20110125_140610.jpg
    IMG_20110125_140610.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 130

ichoudhury

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7B
Hello,
I can still honor that deal no problem with a direct email.

thanks and sorry about that,

Matt Ouwinga

And thank you for honoring the deal and shipping me some great plants. I appreciate your great customer service too :) .. Well, when I need some more, I know where to find you :D

Top Bottom