Finished Bonsai with Deadwood

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
It has been said that some are guilty of buying finished bonsai. I have never bought a finished bonsai, in fact Harry has never bought a finished bonsai, in fact I would love to see a post of a finished bonsai.

But I digress.

I do have a finished bonsai..and with deadwood.

Attachments

• DSC_00013.jpg
    DSC_00013.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 140

amkhalid

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6A
Here is a pretty sweet finished rocky mountain juniper

First pic, as collected last year

Picture1-001.jpg

Here's how it looks today. I know, its pretty amazing that I was able to finish this yamadori in only one growing season.

100_1800.jpg

BONSAI GARAGE

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6A
So do you guys know what finished these trees? Did you learn anything? I have a giant Yew that just recently got finished.:(

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
IMHO you are only a true bonsai nut when you have more empty pots than trees and you never bought a pot.........

keep it green,
Harry

crhabq

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Wow, I'm one hell of a bonsai master. My first year is bonsai is done and I've managed to complete at least seven trees. Dang, I just knew that I was going to really excell at this. I think I'm ready to publish (and possibly even edit) some articles that rewords some older published articles to gain some street cred in this here hood.

However, unlike Harry, I have no bonsai pots to show for it. All I have is a few terra cotta pots, a few pond pots, and what I like to call the "grow box of death".

Anyhow, you betcha (I too will be will be assuming a larger national stage next year.) So please cast your votes for Governor of Bonsai elsewhere lest I spent $100,000 on some designer yamadori and then decide that I want to quit because of some joke David Letterman makes.

Well, this year I'm hoping to exceed myself and not only to "complete" more trees but to perhaps even create a formal upright bunjin and display it in my house of "sleeping in late, because its Sunday and that what I do on Sundays".

Last edited:

head_cutter

Yamadori
Reaction score
Finished??

Some of you guys are really doing it right HA HA!!

It's said that a Bonsai is only really finished when it's dead.

Keith Scott use to joke that 'being a Master means I bring more 'fuel' to the summer bonfire than anyone else.'

Bob

jquast

Chumono
Reaction score
Now this is a thread worth reading for a change.

Thanks for the morning laughs Smoke.

Jeff

cquinn

Shohin
Reaction score
A word to the wise. Yews can't handle hot Georgia sun. Put them in the shade. ha..ha..ha..ha. I've got a finished one too!

Top Bottom