Finnaly gonna happen

n8

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
Nice fish, Steve... even the ugly ones. Looks like a great trip.

My kids go back to school tomorrow, which means I get a couple weekdays back for fly fishing.

Steve C

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Normally I have been doing most my fishing later in the evenings this trip, but woke up this morning to a really nice overcast sky and cool temps so decided to head out for a few hours this morning. Paid off well. I hiked down about a mile to one of my favorite bends in the river and started working a streamer through the deeper part of the hole and hooked up with another nice big thick walleye almost exactly like the big one I got the other night upstream.

Ojb5SL.jpg

Steve C

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Headed off the river a bit early tonight. All the fly casting is really starting to take its toll on my already bad shoulder (rotator cuff is shot). Still have 5 more days so gotta tryin rest up a bit tonight. Had a good evening with another walleye and trout. Lost a very nice smallmouth of about 17"-18". Fought him all the way to net and lost him at the last second. At least I got to see him.

6lgaDV.jpg

cmXI6T.jpg

d026U5.jpg

Steve C

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Threw some big ol streamers tonight. Nothing big fish wise but was nice to put a bend in the fly rod again after striking out last night. My fishing buddy Mark will be here tomorrow to fish with me for two days before I head back home and we plan to fish our favorite trout stretch which we have not hit yet this year. So have some high hopes for a decent trout or two over the next 2 days. We'll see.

mnJOXp.jpg

8B0j0n.jpg

982hna.jpg

pNC65P.jpg

6RWhyb.jpg

amcoffeegirl

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
It looks beautiful and peaceful and good for the soul.

Steve C

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
nhVlZp.jpg

lWcVQD.jpg

LqYtvb.jpg

ABM299.jpg

Mark and I fished one of our favorite trout sections this evening after he got here. I didn't get anything big but did get some very pretty trout. One of the bows had more spots on it than most bows I have caught. And even got a brook trout which is really not too common for this section of the river.

Steve C

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
ivNAxB.jpg

Nothing big at all but decided to spend the last evening on the river in a relaxing way and rather than pulling streamers just cast some dry flies and played with some pretty little trout.

barrosinc

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Seems like quite a trip!
Do you catch and release or eat some of these?? I love trout, even more if it is smoked trout.

Steve C

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
They were all released. I don't have a problem with people keeping a few fish for dinner, but I personally just like to release everything I catch to fight another day :)

Well I am back home from the trip. It was a great trip.
This trip was more than just about fishing. It was a chance for me to be alone with my thoughts and try to come to terms with losing my Sister Tracy this spring. It's amazing how you can really deal with your thoughts when alone on a river or in the woods without another person in sight. For the past few months since losing her I have been thinking about how terrible I have it for losing my Dad at only 52 yrs old, and now losing my Sister at only 51 yrs old. And I have been thinking how much I wish I could go back and relive the time we had together so I could make the most of it.
But I realized something while being alone the past few weeks. Even if I could go back and relive times with her and Dad, I couldn't make the time together any better than it already was. Because we were as tight and loving as a family can possibly be. So there would be no way to make our time together any better, because we already DID make the most of it when it happened.
So I have come to realize, I'm not unlucky for losing them so early in their lives. I'm actually an extremely lucky man to have been able to share such love with them to the fullest every time we were together. And I am very lucky to still have a wonderful Mother, great brother in law, and my Niece & Nephew. Whom I am glad to still call Family and look forward to many more years together with them all.
I still and always will have a huge hole in my heart where Tracy should be, but she will always be with me in one way or another till I myself am gone.

Top Bottom