Fires in California

coh

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Damn stuff has been blocking our sun the past couple of days. Last night the sun looked like that (the pic in the previous post) about an hour and a half before sunset.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
My moms property got the evacuation order last night. Spent the night and today battening down hatches as best we could, once you leave you can’t get back in until the order is lifted. Came home to the whole town under evac notice, hopefully doesn’t get upgraded to evac order. If it comes down to that I guess I’ll load the trees into the mushroom growing misthouse. They will at least stay wet in there up till the point they catch on fire anyways! I think (hope) we will be ok, not much wind in the forecast.
I totally missed this with what is going on here with my dad. I pray that you and your mom are safe...and sorry about the ski cabin. That sucks.

Paul2229

Seedling
Reaction score
I feel you guys pain. Its winter here in Aus and we already have bush fires raging, last week we nearly had to be evacuated because a big one (burned 1700 hectares) was within a couple miles of my home, the only reason no homes were lost was because of the absolute legends in the helicopters that were dumping water..... unfortunately one of the helicopters crashed and the pilot died, it was super windy conditions and he clipped a tree, he is a hero and his actions saved lives.

stay safe.

wireme

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I totally missed this with what is going on here with my dad. I pray that you and your mom are safe...and sorry about the ski cabin. That sucks.

Thanks. I hope the situation with your dad is alright

Latest update this morning looks promising, screenshot below. My current work is within the evacuated zone so I find myself at home this Monday morning! Hopefully they let us back in soon. 5F01AAB8-C0E0-4B8E-A0B7-BB630765EA4A.jpegFCB96158-FA2F-4093-9A04-848E33073113.jpeg

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Thanks. I hope the situation with your dad is alright

Latest update this morning looks promising, screenshot below. My current work is within the evacuated zone so I find myself at home this Monday morning! Hopefully they let us back in soon. View attachment 206791View attachment 206792
This watering down method...pray it keeps the fire contained and not crossing the barrier.

Thanks...(((Sigh))) my dad is 80...bad heart. 10-15% working now. A leaky valve worsened. So now we have a 50/50 chance at possibly having a procedure that won't fix but make it less leaky in an interior valve. May offer better quality of life. For the time he has left. Cardiologists words. Depends on results of a scope sent down his throat to check of valve made his heart weak...or if the weak heart is the cause of leaky valve.

wireme

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
This watering down method...pray it keeps the fire contained and not crossing the barrier.

Thanks...(((Sigh))) my dad is 80...bad heart. 10-15% working now. A leaky valve worsened. So now we have a 50/50 chance at possibly having a procedure that won't fix but make it less leaky in an interior valve. May offer better quality of life. For the time he has left. Cardiologists words. Depends on results of a scope sent down his throat to check of valve made his heart weak...or if the weak heart is the cause of leaky valve.

Wishing you the best with that, it’s gotta be tough for all.
Thought I better come back and update, good news, looking like we dodged the bullet for another year. 6DBFB496-2515-451A-8C53-BC7E9979352E.jpeg

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
How goes it in Cali? And all the fire zones west?

Didn't see this post until now. So far, so good in California - though it is always sobering to see the non-ending list of brush fires / smaller fires that start every day or so...

http://www.fire.ca.gov/current_incidents

my nellie

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
I watch on tv the devastating current situation in California... the deaths and the missing people...
Horrible!
My thoughts are with you...

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Had the 'luck' of driving through the small areas hit by fires in Greece this summer. And was shocked at the random destruction; SOme houses completely fine, yet surrounded by just black soooth. And others burnt down to the steel waterpipes.

Scary to drive through, considering what it must have been like. This is something you do not wish upon anyone. Hope you are all safe, and can keep the fire out of your properties.

Top Bottom