First Bald Cypress Sep 2017

RobertB

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
i definitely plan to add more deadwood after i get it growing strong. Like mellowmullet said above. I am not going to touch till this winter. Then next year, i can start working on starting the deadwood. My plan for it is like the flattop on one of my earlier postings under this thread.

JRDillWFM

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
That looks awesome! I didn't have much interest in Bald Cypress until I joined this forum. Holy cow those things are incredible.

RobertB

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Thank you. A long long way from being a bonsai. Probable many yrs.

RobertB

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
This one is still hanging in there and coming along quote nice. will get repotted in spring. working on a natural design i found on internet.

I chopped the leader i have been developing since i got the tree this year. i was worried that if i let go the rest of the year, it would have to be taller than i wanted. still shooting for flat top design.

IMG_4320.jpg

IMG_4318.jpg

IMG_4319.jpg

i definitely have some future carving plans at some point but for now, just watching and seeing what nature is pushing me towards. I dont expect anything to spectacular but its fun to watch. I also have some knees coming up. you can barely see one of them on bottom left photo. there is another one close to the trunk also.

Top Bottom