First Bonsai Spots on Leaves

Reaction score
Hi all. I hope this is an ok place to post this. I purchased my first bonsai and recently noticed a lot of the leaves have kind of a white film on them. I've done some searching online and powdery mildew seems to be a possible source. Is this what that looks like?

Thanks for any help!

20180509_171631.jpg

Reaction score
Oh good. That makes me feel much better. Now I just gotta deal with these dumb aphids. Poor little tree. I think I have that under control. Thanks so much for the help!

bonsai-ben

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9B
Since someone mentioned Aphids, yes they are Fukien Common on this species (get the joke?).

Using a systemic insecticide and occasional fungus spray along with full sun and good air circulation will keep this from happening. They are completely preventable entirely and any infestation of them on your trees just means you need the systemic insecticide pellets as part of your tool belt of knowledge. Certain trees always get systemics in my garden. Fukien Teas. Crepe Myrtles. Prevention is much easier than repair! Which systemic? Unknown for your back yard, I know what I use, but ask your club what is best for where you are. After all, I have no idea if you are my neighbor in Orlando or if you are from China because you failed to fill out your profile enough for anyone to give you more *specific* help. :) :) :)

Top Bottom