ColinFraser

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Here you go @sorce - all three together.

I feel like this ridiculous picture deserves an explanation. I realized that with all the foliage on my pergola in the background (check out that pink jasmine; smells divine in the yard right now), the camera couldn't see the foliage on the foeminas. I had to use the self-timer on my iPhone's 'selfie' camera and lean it on an olive tree, and then run around behind them and hold up the patio swing cushions . . . so the quality is low, but the entertainment value is high:
image.jpeg
The effed up one.
In this picture, that's me ;)

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
If no one else takes advantage of this opportunity chock full of punchline, I most definitely will.

For now....
Since clearly, you are the most dedicated picture taker here, I can only say.......

The fact that It is so tall, really makes it fit into my vision well.

The fact that they are foemina, really expands the joke opportunity.

You are the MAN!

Sorce

ColinFraser

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Sometimes gloves aren't even enough to handle foeminas. I know some people who use tweezers to hold branches as you wire, bend, prune etc.
Sissies! :D
My hands are definitely toughening up and getting used to it, but when I get stabbed directly in a fingertip while trying to bend a wire or something, it still makes me jump.

justBonsai

Omono
Reaction score
Foeminas grow much faster and appear much more vigorous than other juniperus varieties. I think the trees in this thread will recover extremely fast and will likely accommodate more work with successive flushes of growth.

ColinFraser

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Not super stoked with how last week's two turned out, but still good practice. The smaller one in particular didn't give me much to work with, and I left more than I need on the top of the other one . . . easier to remove than add!
image.jpeg

justBonsai

Omono
Reaction score
Whats the trunk girth on a tree that tall? Are these all from California Bonsai Studio?

ColinFraser

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Whats the trunk girth on a tree that tall? Are these all from California Bonsai Studio?
Yeah, he has plenty out there - I guess I have more than a few now too.
This one was probably at least a few inches in diameter, but I didn't want to fight with it to find out for sure!

ColinFraser

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
These have all bounced right back, and I haven't lost a single branch (despite some good cracks). They're trying to eat the wire already . . . time to take most of it off.
image.jpeg

Last edited:
Top Bottom