Nice grab, nice style, nice wiggle!

Slut!

Sorce

ColinFraser

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Impressive...but, I thought when doing Shari it was safer to do it in small sections...no? Hope that doesn't hurt the tree. You got it going on there.

So...sharp foliage on these?
Most of that shari has been there a while - natural but undiscovered. When I got it home, I lifted what looked like a small patch of dead bark near the base, and it peeled almost away all the way up the trunk! It is well healed on both sides.
"Oh crap" was the first thing I thought, but it grew on me, so I jinned the top and connected it to the pre-existing shari.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Most of that shari has been there a while - natural but undiscovered. When I got it home, I lifted what looked like a small patch of dead bark near the base, and it peeled almost away all the way up the trunk! It is well healed on both sides.
"Oh crap" was the first thing I thought, but it grew on me, so I jinned the top and connected it to the pre-existing shari.
Cool...predestined to be styled as so. Then it should be fine. Which I'm glad. It really looks cool!

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
View attachment 96786

At least my wiring is getting a little tidier.

Yeah....its real easy when you cut all but 2 branches off! Lol

Is that the 3rd?

I can see your forest shaping up nice..

The one thing that comes to mind....
If a forest is the end goal.....

Well first....styling them with the others near, to gauge pad heights.....
But further.....
What if the root spreads are at different depths? Kinda gotta find them first so all your pads are at different heights.

I Already like these for a forest!

Nice!

Sorce

Eric Group

Masterpiece
Reaction score
Impressive...but, I thought when doing Shari it was safer to do it in small sections...no? Hope that doesn't hurt the tree. You got it going on there.

So...sharp foliage on these?
Depends on what you are trying to keep alive... If you are extending the Shari all the way down the trunk, trying to not lose any branches and there has been no deadwood previously, you would be wise to do it in little pieces, then leave the tree to heal a while before connecting them... If there was already deadwood going down the trunk, and you are just extending it on the same vein, you can do a lot more in one sitting.

ColinFraser

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Is that the 3rd?

I can see your forest shaping up nice..
If a forest is the end goal.....Well first....styling them with the others near, to gauge pad heights.....
Yes, three so far, probably more to come. They've been my weekly "homework" :)
If I end up with a few more that match the more graceful curves of the first two, I am considering a group planting. For now though, I'm just wiring them as standalone trees - the one with the Lightning struck look will probably remain solo either way.

Yeah....its real easy when you cut all but 2 branches off! Lol
Hey, there are six branches on there! Haha. You're right though - in fact, I wanted to remove at least one or two more, but figured I should wire them for practice first! I'll leave them for now and let the poor thing recover either way.

Top Bottom