First go at mame. Tom Thumb cotoneaster

Shibui

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9?
Nice little tree. The branches are still a little long but plenty of time to trim back if/when it recovers from the repot.
Good luck with keeping it going in a small pot. Definitely not easy to do.

Eckhoffw

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
4b
That's going to be a right nice piece of ugly and pretty when it flowers! Good idea!

Thanks for sharing!

Sorce
Thanks. I hope It lives long enough to show me flowers. Trimmed it up a bit. I like the angular lines of the pot together with the sharp angular branches of cotoneaster.
This pot has had 4 different plant in it. 😜🤣
87DCCCF3-67BA-4838-A4EB-D3DC340C33B5.jpeg

Reaction score
USDA Zone
The cost in money was only $4, but the cost in time, work and love is high.

I just learned a new phrase today on BNut: nursery crawling. Perhaps there will be more nursery crawling in your near future.

Eckhoffw

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
4b
The cost in money was only $4, but the cost in time, work and love is high.

I just learned a new phrase today on BNut: nursery crawling. Perhaps there will be more nursery crawling in your near future.
Haha! Yeah, I caught that as well! Nursery crawling. I like it.
Especially when you’re down on your knees inspecting the bases of new candidates.
Like, “why is that person crawling around looking at those plants?”

Reaction score
USDA Zone
I have actually had other shoppers ask me that very question, as I am kneeling on the ground looking at trunks and bases LOL. "What are you looking for?" they say to me, thinking that perhaps they should be doing what I am doing to select their next garden purchase. I just say that I like curvy trunks, it's more simple than explaining what I am going to do to said plant.

Top Bottom