First nippon suiseki exhibition

Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
The FIRST "Nippon Suiseki Exhibition" sponsored by the newly reorganized Nippon Suiseki Association will be held at the Tokyo Metropolitan Art. Museum on February 9-13, 2014

Kunio Kobayashi the new president of the Nippon Suiseki Assoiation and is assisted by Seiji Morimae. That's exciting news. This will be the largest suiseki exhibition and the first in the Tokyo Metropolitan Art Museum, held during part 2 of this year's Kokufu Bonsai Exhibition. They will have approximately 200 susiseki on display and about 25 tokonoma display as well. Many of the most famous suiseki in Japan will be exhibited.

Sean Smith, Ron Maggio and I will each have a JAPANESE suiseki displayed. An exhibition book should be available during the exhibit. I'm excited, not because I'm an exhibitor, but because of the new blood in the Japanese suiseki community. Having a suiseki exhibition in the museum is a first and will help to promote and give the recognition the art needs and deserves.

POSTER.jpg

Attachments

• POSTER.jpg
    POSTER.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 15

dick benbow

Omono
Reaction score
While i've never had the priviledge to have anything on display in japan from my hobbies,
aquaintences have included Koi,Bonsai, and now suiseki. ( how Kool is that )!
Hopefully we can get some coverage of the event here if photos are allowed. :)

Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
Correction: Kunio Kobayashi is the new chairman of the Nippon Suiseki Association, not the president.

I'll have the 200 odd page full color exhibition book for sale and ready for shipping from Rochester, NY on February 12th.

dick benbow

Omono
Reaction score
I ordered the book from this show and it arrived today in great shape. I just love the book.
It shows a page of the stone and a page of the stone in tokonoma display with scroll for the first 69 pages. Wow was that what I was looking for...rest of the book has nice photos of the stones and toward the back photos of suiban,tables figurines. Part in english & japanese. can't beat the price....thanks Bill

Top Bottom